This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get my friend to talk to me again?
02-19-2014, 12:28 PM
How do I get my friend to talk to me again?
The situation is complicated, but I had this friend, let's call her Jane, a few years ago in high school. We had become friends in German class and we went to Germany together with a couple other people from our German class in a foreign exchange program. It was great because it brought us so much closer (in a non romantic way). We had become such great friends there, we hung out a lot, we talked a lot, we went out a lot. It was great. When we got back, however, my girlfriend at the time became extremely jealous of the fact that Jane and I went to Germany together, as she didn't get to go. She was always accusing me of having a "thing" with Jane. Even with consistent denial, she still bothered me about it. Then one day, someone sent my girlfriend an anonymous email saying that Jane and I had slept together in Germany and we'd been sleeping with each other ever since. After a few days of pleading with my girlfriend that it wasn't true, she finally started to believe me, but as "proof" asked me to stop being friends with Jane. I was astounded at the request, but I thought I was in love with my girlfriend and I don't like lying, let alone cheating so I stopped being friendly with Jane. I stopped talking to her in class, even when she would try to play and joke around with me. When the semester ended, I had to defriend her on Facebook as per request of my girlfriend. I never spoke to Jane again. It's been about 3 years or so and I finally had the last straw with my girlfriends controlling behavior and broke up with her, and I really want to reconnect with Jane. I have wanted to all three years. Now there are new issues, though. One of them being, she doesn't want to talk to me, I tried talking to her again on Facebook again apologizing for being a jerk and she hasn't responded (it's been a few months), another is the fact that I don't have her number anymore (guess why), and even if I did it wouldn't matter because she's a marine stationed in Japan. How can I fix this? What can I say to her? Or am I just far too late?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:36 PM

If you guys are meant to be friends, you will be friends. If not ... then it will be painful to get through the &#x27;getting over it&#x27; process. There will be more people in your life. Everyone effects&#x2F;teach you something. If it is painful, remember, &#x27;what doesn&#x27;t kill you makes you stronger&#x27;
smile, you will be happy. I promise Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply