This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My boyfriend's mom and sister hate me?
02-19-2014, 12:28 PM
My boyfriend's mom and sister hate me?
Hi.

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for 6 months. I met his family right away, and we've had ups and downs.

I thought all was resolved, but the mom and sister keep trash talking me. They blocked me on every social media site possible. They text him mean things about me. The sister is terrible, she rants to everyone about how bad I am.

Their main complains are that I take him away from them, which I don't feel I do. We don't need to see them all the time, a relationship should have some privacy.

I really love him and plan on being with him a while, and I know family is important. How do I fix it?
Age wise: I'm 18, he's 24.

They have called me immature, which I'm not.

I can understand the family part, with not seeing them enough, but it shouldn't be an every week thing. He lives alone and seeing them all takes away our one day a week together. (Work/college)

Otherwise I feel I'm polite and say the right things.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:29 PM

A big thing would be the age of you and your bf. If you are like teenagers or something then there is some legitimacy to their claims; however, if you re in your 20s or later than really its him they should talk to about spending time together because then your bf would be an adult and would be all but capable of making his own dciions ...not you

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:30 PM

I would personally look into what he has been telling them about issues you have together. Disliking a person comes from some where and not out of thin air.
02-19-2014, 12:31 PM

There's a saying that I tend to agree - there's your side of the story, their side of the story and then there's the truth! It's hard to give advice on this situation because all I have heard is your perspective. It doesn't make sense to me (unless these people are truly crazy) that they would hate you for absolutely no reason when you've done nothing to them. That isn't rational. Have you either knowingly or accidentally given them a bad impression of you? Have you been a user/taker? Have you been rude or standofish? Have you done everything you can do to talk things through and work things out? If there truly isn't anything you have done, then you really just need to avoid them as much as possible. Sticks and stones. They can trash talk all they like but if it's unfounded then they are the ones who will end up with egg on their faces because they will simply look foolish. Your boyfriend should have your back in this case. There are people in the world who are truly that toxic and hopefully this isn't the case with you. But if it is - just keep your distance and live your life.