This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to spot a fake profile on okcupid?
02-19-2014, 12:28 PM
How to spot a fake profile on okcupid?
Been messaging this girl on okcupid and we've set up a date. Her profile is pretty short, and she's decent looking so I'm kinda worried that she is fake. She has been on recently and responds to my messages.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:38 PM

the only real way is if she refuses to get on video or asks for money

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:48 PM

Hi Majin,

There is obviously no positive way to know she is for real until you meet her. The most important thing is to look for obvious signs. Do her pictures look like they are all professionally shot, have you spoken to her on the phone, does she maybe have a Facebook where you can see real interactions with people she knows, etc.

If you can't do any of this and you still want to meet her, the best thing for you to do would be to suggest a spot in a really public place and meet her there. Online dating can be a fantastic key into finding a relationship or even just friends. However you have to be smart and safe in taking part in it I've done my fair share of online dating and will only meet people in a public spot, whether it's a bar, restaurant, sports game, etc.

Make sure you take all the pre-cautions you can. Be safe and hopefully you'll find someone who's an amazing fit for you!

Good luck!
02-19-2014, 12:52 PM

Fake profiles try to get you to communicate offsite. Real profiles email through the site until they've met

Fake profiles give you their full name. Real profiles don't give more than their first name until they meet you

Fake profiles won't meet for a date. They either claim to be in another state or country or keep having excuses why they can't even meet for a coffee

I personally don't agree with the post above about talking on the phone. I did online dating and with all the creeps I wouldn't ever give out my phone number until we had met for a date and I knew I wanted to see him again