This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I found out my sister is lesbian? Help?
02-19-2014, 12:28 PM
I found out my sister is lesbian? Help?
I'm a dude. I'm currently 17 and my sister is 25. I was on my friend's facebook screwing around and we decided to look up my sister on facebook. Her profile pic is of her hugging another girl (In a couple kind of way). I just found out she has always blocked MY profile. She dresses like a real tomboy. She wears skinny jeans, snapbacks, and all that stuff and she also has boy hair and a ragtail at the end(not a ponytail). Right now I made another account and looked up the girl she's hugging in the picture and ALL of her pics are of her and my sister hugging and nasty ass comments when they're talking to each other.... My parents are like REALLY REALLY REALLY homophobic especially my mom since she's a super christian. She doesn't like telling me what her job is, etc. I'm not really surprised since it was kinda obvious but I'm kind of speechless and I really need help asking her if she's a lesbian..? Please help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:31 PM

Just ask her man. It's really simple.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:37 PM

all you need to do is honestly ask her. we in the LGBT community know that sometimes people need to ask to find out. its only rude of you dont believe her and pester her about it. asking once is fine though. dont tell your parents. thats up to her to do. if this is hard for you, you may want to ask her to go to some PFLAG meetings with you. (parents friends and family of lesbians and gays) its a support group for helping the people in an LGBTs life come to terms with this. it helped my mom a lot when i came out.
02-19-2014, 12:47 PM

1. Your sister might not be lesbian, those things are just stereotypes. 2. Maybe they're best friends and best friends joke around in sexual ways, trust me, it's quite funny. 3. You should just ask your sister if she's dating anyone. 4. I don't think that your mom would react TOO badly to your sister not being straight. 5. Btw, from my answers I might sound like a homophobe. I'm not. If you notice the rainbow flag in my picture which stands for gay pride and also i'm an in-the-closet bisexual (I totally understand with the homophobic parents thing, especially mom thing cuz i'm in the same situation). 6. I bet that if you just plain out ask if your sister is lesbian or bisexual she wouldn't feel weirded out.
02-19-2014, 12:55 PM

Ask her. Simple as that. You&#x27;re parents don&#x27;t need to know and what she says does not change who she is.
02-19-2014, 12:56 PM

You shouldn't really bug her about it. If she's comfortable enough to talk with you about it, she'll come out on her own feet.

Know that if she is a lesbian, it is okay. It does not affect you in any major way.

Also, if she comes out to you, don't out her without her approval. It's only respect, really.

Basically, just respect her space.
02-19-2014, 01:02 PM

You don't need help asking anyone anything. It sounds like you'd rat her out in 5 seconds.

Yours is a separate responsibility, if your Sister actually has a different preference than you can accept.

If it happens to be true, live with what YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO KNOW,
and get on with what might eventually be construed as a life of your own.

Hopefully, around 10 years down the road, a woman will be able to tell you how good YOU are
and, if your Sister is given the same compliment .... So Be It.

You're 17 ??? --- You sound like a whimpering 11-year-old girl --- CUT IT OUT & MOVE ON.