This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do people post opinions on your facebook?
02-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Why do people post opinions on your facebook?
I love it when people on my facebook I don't even really talk to anymore, or people I barely know, only say something to me when they wanna post an opinion on my status. Obviously we're not that great of friends, but apparently your logic says I give enough of a shit about your opinions & what you think.

Does anyone else have this issue? For some reason it gets under my skin when people on my friend list do this.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:33 PM

Well..... Just write another comment saying you don't give a **** about their opinions, it's really quite simple.

It would help to know what kind of opinion it is. Do you post about politics, religion, your life?
The only one I think would get someone frustrated like this is when you post things and people disapprove of you and post their opinions to try and seem righteous, but they're really just idiots trying to look good.

If that's the case, then just tell them that. Though.... make sure you let it know that you just don't really care and not that it gets under your skin. If you show frustration, the person will have gotten what he or she wanted.

I didn't really answer the question, because I really DO NOT know what drives people to do this either. It's really weird.

Good luck.

P.S. You should delete those people from your friend list. I don't add anyone I don't talk to on facebook., even if they could sit right next to me at school. So far, I haven't had your problem.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:36 PM

Don't you respond to other people? Are you always silent? Don't you want to be communication with others? These are the reasons people respond to status updates. It is human nature to want to share things with one another. If you don't care about others, that's your prerogative, but there is no reason for you to condemn others for doing so. If you don't like the comments, use your initiative and filter out those people who regularly respond to your status in ways that irritate you. Or even unfriend them.
02-19-2014, 12:41 PM

Same here. This is why I don't go on facebook anymore. People could just say whatever they want to say about you, and that's annoying. What's even more annoying is that they would post something (picture, comment)on your page without any permission from you. And the opinions are just annoying too, like they think that someone gives a **** on what they think.
02-19-2014, 12:41 PM

That what Facebook is for.