This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I settling of less than I deserve or am I compromising?
02-19-2014, 12:30 PM
Am I settling of less than I deserve or am I compromising?
So this guy I've known since high school came to me asking me if we were dating again. We pretty much are since we act like a couple around our friends. So I told him yes and we have been dating since last august but the problem I'm having is determining if I'm settling for less than I deserve. He was a complete jerk to me in high school and I didn't deserve that given I was already having a hard time in school. Last time we dated he was extremely immature about it so I cut him off. He disrespected me and my mother and my mom does not like him. This time he came to me and told me he was serious this time and admitted to being immature in high school. He hates the fact that he messed up so bad in high school he was beating himself up over it. Hes going to talk to my mom to apologize and talk things out with her. (We got in trouble but it was a it's-not-what-it-looks-like situation). He allowed people to dis me in front of him and started acting like I was a friend when we were together in high school. But honestly I forgave him and you live and you learn but I'm question whether or not if it's worth it. We got into a small altercation because a female friend of his was disrespecting our relationship. (Ie saying I love you and your mine all over social media.) I got offended and told him I felt disrespected he understands why and we came to a compromise. He's been acting more mature about our situation now that we are actually able to see each other and he more up front now. But he hurt me so bad in high school he used me at one point, betrayed my friendship and was acting like a complete a**hole. I was an a**hole to him but not as bad as he was to me. I'm not sure if I'm compromising or if I'm simply settling for less than I deserve. I tells me hes grateful for me letting him stay in my life and I can tell he is. But I'm not sure am I settling for less than what deserve? Because I'm staying with him even though he put me through so much in high school.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:32 PM

You really are only coming here to get us to confirm that your feelings on this are real and appropriate, which I understand. I would agree, you are settling. If you weren't, you would not be questioning if the price you have paid was worth it. You should love a man so much that you definitely feel he is worth it, or not be with him at all past casual dating.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:33 PM

If you feel like you are, then you are. This is a question only you can answer.
02-19-2014, 12:40 PM

Either let go of the past, or him.