This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What exactly is Melaleuca?
02-19-2014, 12:30 PM
What exactly is Melaleuca?
Some people I know "advertise" for Melaleuca. What does this mean? How does it work? They say they are not MLM and that they don't sell products but I don't really believe that. they also say that they own their own business and don't work "for" Melaleuca. But they do host parties and such, and want people to join Melaleuca.

They post all over Facebook in different groups looking for people to join their team - but the messages seem vague to me, and if I didn't know them I'd think it was spam.

The messages go something like this: "We work with a team of motivated people - mostly women - who are passionate about health and wellness. Our sole source of revenue now comes from our partnership with a US-based wellness company. This has allowed us to build our dream home. Let us know if you are interested in joining our motivated team."

Please help me...I can't seem to find any information on the web about what Melaleuca really is, and what my friends do, and how it works. Is it a scam?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:34 PM

Oh......it's MLM.

My boss' sister tried to recruit me about 15 years ago. I declined. She ended up quitting after a year.

Like with most MLMs, the products are expensive and, like with other MLMs, most people who join end up losing money. There are also a lot of complaints online about people having trouble cancelling auto-ships.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:38 PM

That's a plant who's abstract is used for various purposes.

Here's the BBBs description of the A+ rated Melaleuca inc.

Melaleuca, Inc. is listed as a Direct Marketing Company. The company contracts with independent marketing executives to sell its various lines of nutritional, pharmaceutical, personal care, household cleaning, and pet care products. They also offer travel, phone and credit card services. Independent Marketing Executives are required to order a minimum monthly product supply, but are not required to maintain an inventory of products.

It sounds a lot like a typical MLM, maybe it lacks the multi tier structure.