This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What breed of dog should I get?
02-19-2014, 12:30 PM
What breed of dog should I get?
I plan on getting a dog as I love dogs since I was young but I never got to have one. I dont know what breed I am going to get , pls give me some suggestions according to my requirements and personality
Going to be a vet soon, need a dog that can stay alone in the house I stay with my frens who are also working
My frens kinda like dogs too so i want the dog to be friendly to them
Like going out and doing adventrous actvities
I'm outgoing
I want the size of the dog to be either small or medium sized
EXCEPTION : The size of this breed of dog can be large size but it must be the smallest among the dogs that are large size
Hair of this breed of dog can be long or short, it doesn't matter
can walk the dog for 20-30 min twice a day
can play with the dog for 20-30 min twice a day

Pls suggest the highest reccomended breed to me

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:32 PM

I reccomend a jack russell x staffy. It&#x27;s what I have at the moment. He is very friendly, active and loyal.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:38 PM

here is the breed info link, you just know about the breed info after that u can choose the right breed. here u can find the breed related all information like Types, Pictures, Care, Diet. and this helps you determine which type of dog you should get.
http://www.dogspot.in/dog-breeds/
02-19-2014, 12:40 PM

australian kelpie!
02-19-2014, 12:48 PM

You have to Research Breeds then look at Your life style and experience and choose a Breed based on that .
02-19-2014, 12:52 PM

Is this an indoors dog or outdoors? There are various sites that you can enter in your requirements and it comes up with a list of possible breeds. Here's one http://www.selectsmart.com/DOG/ but there are many on the internet. It will help you work out what is important and what is not.
02-19-2014, 12:56 PM

since you're going to be busy in school, I recommend you get a dog that doesn't need a lot of exercise and has low energy level.

I don't know of any dog breed that likes to be alone for a long time during the day, especially inside a crate. Dogs are social animals and they live in packs.

I think you should put off getting your dog until your schedule is less hectic, unless your roommates can help you keeping your dog company.

I personally like cockapoos. They're very calm and do not shed.

However, I think you should check out pedigree.com or dogtime.com or any website that has pet selecting programs to help you pick out a dog. Good luck.