This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will we have school tomorrow?
02-19-2014, 12:30 PM
Will we have school tomorrow?
I Live in Kansas and it snowed monday night and almost all of tuesday. School was closed om tuesday and its closed today. But I was wondering if school will be closed tomorrow. The high tomorrow is 12 and low is -1.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:33 PM

Probably not. I live in Chicago and last week we had 2 days off. If you're going to a public school, check a website (*your city* public schools). For Chicago it's cps.edu Smile

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:40 PM

I doubt it-

The snow is supposed to stop over your area this afternoon which means the crews will work the rest of the day and into the night to get the main roads plowed and salted, and they'll work the side streets over night.
02-19-2014, 12:45 PM

Short answer: who knows

Most school systems these days have a web site or presence on Facebook or Twitter where their operating status is posted.

Asker's time would be better spent checking those sources rather than a lame Internet weather forum where 'best answers' are decided by sock puppets.

---
Longer answer:
Most school systems do not have published guidelines about when to close schools because of inclement weather. The decision is left up to the judgement of school administrators or individual parents.

School closing hinges on a variety of factors such as whether the school's parking lots are clear, the heating systems can keep up with cold temperatures, whether snow is expected during the school day, and road conditions.