This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would it be weird if I randomly messaged a girl?
02-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Would it be weird if I randomly messaged a girl?
Basically, there is this girl that really like from my church. I usually see her once or twice a week and we talk a bit - not lots though. I have never chatted to her on Facebook before however I really want to, to be honest. She liked my latest status update.. Would it be weird for me to randomly message her and, if not, what should I say? I'm not the best at starting conversations. Should I only msg her when she is online?
Thankyou in advance

Extra information:
She wasn't at church yesterday so I'm guessing she is on holiday.
I think she likes me a bit because she looks at me differently to other girls, we both have the same favourite animal, she knows I love guitar and she plays flute, I'm a year older and I wouldn't call myself popular at school, I am, I think, a bit more at church though. I don't have her number atm , how could I get that because is it weird to ask her this late?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:33 PM

No it&#x27;s not weird. Just start out asking about her day or what she is up to or perhaps something about the service at church, if you pay attention and she is a strong Christian. If you really want to talk to her and let her know that you find her attractive day hi followed by a comment on how she looked at church or the last time you saw her. Good luck, man Smile

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:40 PM

Basically, just start by saying 'Hey' or something. If she likes you, she'll take this as 'I may or may not like you but I want to talk to you' and she'll probably reply with 'hey' or something similar. Then it is up to you to get the conversation going. Try asking boring stuff like 'So are you on holiday?' or tell her about something you've done recently. Just try to get to know her, and when you start to get to know each other better, the conversation should just flow. If you want to ask her out, start by asking if she's busy this weekend/half term/holiday/whatever and if she says yes, just talk about that. If she says no, keep talking about normal stuff and if she shows more 'I like you' signs, ask her out. Even if she doesn't necessarily 'like like' you, she'll be flattered and at least you know. Things can always change for the better!
02-19-2014, 12:48 PM

Sometimes girls are shy and want guys to make the first move. I don&#x27;t think it would be weird tho because you do kinda know each other and you can just say hi and see where the convo leads.
02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

Nope its not weird. You can start conversation with her on facebook like why she was not coming at church. And once you start the conversation so its easy for you to get close with her. And first for some time when she is online on facebook that time you try to talk with her..
02-19-2014, 12:50 PM

Nope! It isn't weird to randomly message a girl as long as you have a purpose. Don't message her just because you are bored or lonely but message her because you WANT to. That is important when you are starting a conversation with someone because you are also having fun and hopefully the other individual also feels the same way. (but what kind of girl doesn't like talking about herself?) And personally, I like getting to know people in a personal level so I tend to enjoy conversations as long as they put effort in it as well. Also be mindful of the other person's situation. For example, if its 6am and she has school at 8am then it isn't a good time to start a conversation. OH AND DON'T ASSUME ANYTHING! Just because she liked your latest status update does not mean she likes you LOL. Maybe she does but its definitely safe not to assume anything. You could message her asking "Oh I've noticed that you weren't at church today, hopefully you are doing well." (caring but not TOO caring so you're not creepy) or you could try something funny like "Oh I've noticed that you weren't at church today, I hope you weren't breaking the 10 commandments." (honestly that wasn't funny.. lol im so lame.) and yeah you should message her when she is online so you can talk with her asap (unless you don't want to) And try to get her number once you guys establish a common ground or a foundation of being "friends" first.
GOOD LUCK!