This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
This group on facebook stole my user pic. They will not remove it EVEN though i've reported.?
02-19-2014, 12:31 PM
This group on facebook stole my user pic. They will not remove it EVEN though i've reported.?
this group, http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=39942312055 is using my userpic/ID that i have made. WITHOUT asking me.
-----
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cf...D=33209049 <-- i made this user pic and posted it on Myspace.
look at the dates, i posted the picture in april
the group on facebook took my handle name in november and then my drawing in december.
---------------
the group on facebook that took my userpic without my permission
took the image after i requested to know why they had named themselves after me.
---
i don't want them to use my userpic , they never asked permission to use the picture.
I reported SEVERAL times and its STILL there.
is there another way I can these people to take down the image?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:37 PM

Facebook really sucks & isn't as quick to reply to things like that as Myspace is.
imo, it seems like they're mocking you, since you said they took your image after you asked why they used your name.
I'd put my photos on private, so they can't steal anything else.

You can keep trying to bug Facebook about it with reports about how they stole the picture YOU created. (Of course, the same display name thing, they can do nothing about.)
Try talking to the group without beginning a fight, to see if they have a reason for stealing your picture? (Maybe they didn't think you'd really mind it.)

I really hate people who just steal things like that with no respect for other people's rights.
I hope you get Facebook to really do something about it. :\

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:45 PM

I dont think there is any other way to report it but it sounds like you have a creepy stalkerish person after you that they even named the group after you in addition to taking your picture. I suggest continuously reporting it and messaging the people who stole your picture. hope it gets better! good luck!