This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wikipedia is closing down! are you going to?
02-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Wikipedia is closing down! are you going to?
make a donation?

As you maybe aware when you visit Wikipedia you will see a banner at the top saying they need donations to stay active, are you planning to donate and have you ever donated before?

Apparently they need donations every year to stay a float.

Stupid idiots are against the idea of advertisement, if they had advertising on all their billions of webpages they would make £1B+ per year. Stupid business amateur fools.

Asif Anwar
Booking.com Business Owner.
Facebook didnt want to advertise, so had no advertsing revenue and was worth £0.00

But now it makes hundreds of millions from advertising and has turned it into a multi billion pound business empire.

Small amount of advertising like that wont hurt anyone.

Plus there is a lot of empty space on the right and left of wikipedia pages as you scroll down.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:34 PM

No way! I would never donate to wikipedia. Wikipedia is not accurate and teachers say to always never use wikipedia so i don't care if its closing down.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:36 PM

PANIC!!!!!!!!
02-19-2014, 12:43 PM

Nope
02-19-2014, 12:46 PM

No I won&#x27;t make a donation. You&#x27;re right common since says to advertise. Facebook didn&#x27;t won&#x27;t to advertise but look where it got them. The advertisements don&#x27;t have to swarming but some could help the site.
02-19-2014, 12:48 PM

I don't care tbh... and I agree that they should allow advertising on their website... in moderation, I hate websites that have so much advertising you don't know what the website actually looks like
02-19-2014, 12:52 PM

I always get that banner whenever i go on wikipedia .org but i guess they have enough money so why should we people give a donation for?
02-19-2014, 12:53 PM

i have donated $50 to wikipedia. all the mofo users SHOULD give them some money. cheapskate sponges ugh
02-19-2014, 01:01 PM

wikipedia is not closing down.
02-19-2014, 01:09 PM

Wikipedia sucks.