This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Laptop having one simple problem?
02-19-2014, 12:32 PM
New Laptop having one simple problem?
So for Christmas I got a new Asus Laptop that runs windows 8. I highly doubt the laptop is the problem I instead think its the software but just in case the Asus model is X200, but I go to open the Microsoft app store and try to download the Facebook app and it tells me that my laptop doesn't have the needed requirements to download the Facebook app, so I go back to settings and I check everything out and I click "check for new updates" and says I have 40 updates , so I click install and it says there was a problem that it already is currently download other updates, SO my question is when I get all the updates done will it somehow fix the requirements to get Facebook and other apps I had problems with or is there something else I need to do in order to run it? Thanks for your time and help I appreciate it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:39 PM

I don't see why do you need to download app for facebook on laptop . I simply open facebook page in browser .

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:46 PM

If have trouble with updates go to Settings [charm bar] > Control Panel > troubleshooting and go down under System and Security and click Fix problems with Windows Update and run the Troubleshooter will run once and say something like try administrator mode well click it and run again and will fix Windows Update Data Base.
Once your updates have done if you reset the store cache it should work To reset it..
Press the Windows+R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.
Type exactly WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.
In Windows 8 and Windows RT, the Store will now open, and state the following: The cache for the store was cleared. You can now browse the store for apps.