This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good apps for my new ipad?
02-19-2014, 12:32 PM
Good apps for my new ipad?
just got an ipad2, what are some good apps
it will be jailbroken so price is no object

looking for some apps that are good as utilities sports or things u know like facebook and espn mobile

also what are the 2 apps on the commercial, the one about space or something, and the human body one

any good games

and no websites on on finding apps, just apps please and what they are for

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:41 PM

Personally, I own an Android phone HOWEVER there are many apps that have been ported to the iphone/ipad and the same visa versa. And many of them have a much more advanced version for tablet devices.

"Docs" (google docs) if you're not familiar with this application it allows you to type things from your computer onto a cloud app (somewhat attached to your gmail account... so you'll need one for it to work) and you'll be able to edit those from your phone or from your ipad with the Docs app. Any changes you make on your ipad will be visible on any computer you use to log into through google and the same visa versa. Google docs is an amazing resource. If you're co-authoring a book you can chat if they're there, leave the equivelent of post it notes saying "this needs revising" if they're not there... or personal notes so you don't forget... or use them for brain storming -- or say you're not writing a book. These functions are pretty amazing for business and schooling... you're able to see the changes they're making as you're editing the same document in the same time all in real time. It does presentations, documents, spread sheets... it's pretty cool.

"books" or maybe "google books" is a cool application that allows you to read published ebooks. It's actually pretty cool. Unlike ibooks or whatever Apple has -- basically you buy a book and you're able to read it online on your computer and on your mobile devices.

I'm sure there's an "urban dictionary" app. This app is really handy. Sometimes there's words that just aren't in the dictionary. And when people aren't just messing around on it making up stupid words or inventing retarded opinionated definitions, those will still often times make you laugh at the very least. At the very most, when people leave a genuine definition on there, you're able to learn what people are talking about. This may sound stupid -- but cultural literacy is an ever changing ever forming thing.

"Shazam" will let you hold mobile devices up to music that's playing and identify the song and give you options for how you can purchase them.

"Google Plus" this is a new social networking site similar to facebook. However, many people wind up unfriending or completely blocking people that don't deserve that treatment. It creates stupid drama. You sometimes want to write a post but you know three people will instantly think you're trying to start something because they think everything is about them... social networking is supposed to be "SOCIAL" that's why it's called a SOCIAL NETWORK". G+ does friending differently. You choose who you want to share information with and place them in various circles. You have your circle of friends your circle for family and work and acquaintances, and you can make your own. And it allows you to make a post and choose which circles get to view it. There's some things you don't say at work but you can with friends and there's things at work that none of your friends want to hear about. There's you can say that family won't like. G+ removes the broad scope of who you share things with and gives the controls to you so that you're only sharing with those you want to. Facebook is the stalkers dream. G+ is secure. It's not very big right now, but if you like it -- spread the word.

I don't know if the ipad has a "google calendars" app but if it does it syncs with your google calandars. So that you can edit information in your calendar at any computer or on your mobile devices.

Google voice streams calls through data services rather than use minutes... but I don't know how the ipad is structured. It also sends unlimited text messages -- but data plans have their limits so don't go too crazy.

I heard icloud removes the need for "dropbox", however -- what if you're not trying to share documents with your computer? Dropbox makes it easy to share information to other people.

Then there's google maps.

I don't know if rockband is included with the Ipad or if it's free (probably not) but if you want to make music, it's a good place to go.

There's wikipedia apps.

You might want to look into a way to sync your contact list with your google contacts... maybe there's an app for that. This way if you lose your ipad or if it gets broken, your contacts are still stored on the cloud. Next ipad, iphone, or android device you get would be able to sync with the google contacts and restore you back good as new... same thing applies with Google Docs.

Hope this is at least a little helpful. I know I don't have an Ipad but I know at least some of these are available to you.

I don't have TV, so I don't know what apps you're talking about -- HOWEVER, on regards to games. Dead Space is on there. And if you have week knees, it might scare the poop out of you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply