This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why did this guy take a random picture of me without my permission is it illegal to take someones picture?
02-19-2014, 12:32 PM
why did this guy take a random picture of me without my permission is it illegal to take someones picture?
ok so today at school i was just chilling out and this guy came up right beside me and there was another guy across from me and he had his phone out and i really didnt wont my picture taken with him but he took it anyway i didnt complain to him about him taking a picture of me i am kinda worried that he put it on a website like facebook or instagram or twitter i hope he didnt and i think that they were making fun of me when they took a picture of me i heard them laughing i think it was a bad picture of me but i really didnt wont to take a picture with him what should i do should i go ask that guy to delete that picture or is it to late to ask him he might of put it on a website but im not really sure but what do you think that i should do.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:39 PM

Technically he has to have your permission to post pictures of you. But what are you going to do? Sue him for ten bucks? It would take more money to sue him even if you won so you would be losing money.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

No it is not illegal to have taken your picture.

Perhaps an invasion of your privacy only.
02-19-2014, 12:56 PM

In public there is no expectation of privacy so you can take pictures of anyone or anything in public. Schools, although considered public, still prohibit your rights all the time. Talk to the principal about it and see.
02-19-2014, 12:59 PM

In the US, it perfectly legal to take pictures where ever there is no expectation of privacy and publish and/or distribute them as you see fit.