This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Polaroid image company?
02-19-2014, 12:33 PM
Polaroid image company?
Does anyone know a company where I can send some Instagram/real photographs off and get them sent back polaroid styled? thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:36 PM

Invest in some 'editing and manipulation' software...

then scan your images into your computer....create a canvas similar in shape to the old 'Polaroid' format (rectangular portrait orientation)...insert your image into the canvas and crop it with a square shaped tool...and position.

I always advise newcomers to invest in decent editing software and even with a basic compact camera...they will have loads more fun and will get better results than what they ever could with any 'instant camera'....It might me more to pay out initially the investment will pay for itself in no-time at all though...and give you enjoyment for years.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:37 PM

I don't really agree with John. The only Polaroid style you are going to get is your photo with white borders around it. That is nothing at all resembling what a real Polaroid photo looks like. I will say he is correct in that you are going to have to do this yourself, as I know of no print services that will set up the photos with the extreme white borders to try to mimic (very poorly I might add) how a Polaroid print looks. Have you ever seen a real Polaroid print? It is not just a regular photo with white borders. What you hold in your hand is actual film embedded into a "container". NO normal print, no matter how it is manipulated in software, is going to even approach the look of an actual Polaroid print.

If you want real instant type prints, get a Fuji Instax camera and have the real thing.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt...Search=yes

steve