This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do people keep finding me on facebook despite my ultra privacy privacy settings?
02-19-2014, 12:33 PM
How do people keep finding me on facebook despite my ultra privacy privacy settings?
So far, I've got every option in my profile + contact privacy settings to be viewed by "Friends Only"

Facebook SEARCH results to be "Friends Only" and I have NOT allowed the "Public search results" in the search options.

Yet STILL. People manage to find me and invite me as a friend. The problem is I don't want certain people finding me AT ALL. I realize I could just reject them, but I don't want certain individuals finding out I even HAVE a Facebook.

I've gone off and blocked them all one by one, but I'm afraid that there'll be others I've forgotten or missed.
What on earth is going on?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:34 PM

I hate facebook's new "privacy" settings... they are less private than they were before. You're doing it right, that is the only way to guarantee that those people can't add you. Usually I deny the request and block the person if someone has managed to find their way through.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply