This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Disciplinary Evidence Enough?
02-19-2014, 12:33 PM
Disciplinary Evidence Enough?
I have been linked to a online account that matches my Twitter username, now I have allegations of selling confidential information from my company on a popular selling website and the person selling it uses my exact same username. The online account which matches my twitter username has the exact same confidential information that my company solely holds. What are my rights, what advice would you suggest? Is that enough information for my company to do a disciplinary and dismiss me on grounds of misconduct?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:42 PM

It looks like pretty convincing evidence, and if pushed I expect the company lawyers could establish who set up that online account and who benefited from any sales of information - which would become a criminal offence if proved. If you honestly believe you are being compromised you should close all links to that user name and ask the company to investigate who set it up in your name.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply