This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My girlfriend hears voices and is suicidal?
02-19-2014, 12:34 PM
My girlfriend hears voices and is suicidal?
It feels so weird typing away on this, but I have no where else to turn, so please, just hear me out, I'm in desperate need of help. As you can already see from the title, this is a sensitive subject, I do want people who have experience such as psychologists, however; I would also like some personal experiences if possible, that would help a bunch.
I'm a 14 year old boy and she is 15, which yes I know is young, you do not need to go on and rant about how people my age shouldn't be going through this, "you don't know what love is" etc, etc, but you don't exactly choose to have a mental illness..do you? Now that's been cleared up, I'm going to jump into the matter at hand. From as long as I've been with this girl, since we've talked atleast and I think for about 2 years now, she has been a very suicidal person. Each single conversation we have, the subject gets moved onto cutting, self-harming, overdosing and/or killing herself. I love her so, so much, her happiness is my happiness, and to see her like this, really does break my heart to the extent where I am struggling to keep this relationship going, and to the extent where I'm saying to myself "Is this really worth it, will she ever recover", but I then switch back on, I know I could never leave her to battle this by herself. I'm so sad, negative and upset all the time due to this, and I can't help but worry about what she is doing, every second of the day. I want love and a relationship to be special, not misery, despair and self-harming. I'm not an expert in this, I don't know the right things to say to make her happy, I don't know what I'm supposed to do anymore, I don't know how I even feel anymore, what is the genuine, correct way to handle this, it feels like I'm hopeless, and helpless to her, she does say I help her and without me she would be cutting every day of the week, but I want to do be more than that to her. She has gotten better from what she's told me, she cuts on a few occasions, but not like she was before, before she met me, where she would cut every day, but of course, this isn't a permanent solution and of course, it still hurts.
I need to help her, I cannot make her stop cutting though, its her choice, her body, and her feelings after all, I cannot control her every movement and keep an eye on her for the rest of my life, and on top of this, we don't even see each other much due to the long distance. I've tried many times to tackle the problem at hand, why she is doing this to herself, getting to the source of the situation, but there doesn't seem to be one, she does this, because of her "voices". I've recognised this, and she tells me they speak to her very, very frequently. I don't doubt her, and try to keep her mind off of the voices, because this is the problem, and they're the ones who are telling her to do this to herself, saying that she deserves all this pain, but in reality she doesn't, and she is one of the nicest people I have ever met or come across. I do not try to hide her blades or anything, as I think this may provoke the situation further to the point where she won't tell me when she's cutting or has tried killing herself, and make her lose her trust in me, which seems to be the only thing I have left. I tell her all the time that I love her, and she means everything to me. When we are not together, we Skype almost all day or Facebook when we're at school, but of course like I said previously, there's no way I can keep an eye on her for the rest of her life. She is on medication for depression and when into a "asylum" due to her almost killing herself. I cannot tell a mental health organisation or anything like that, this is a big deal I know, but I'm determined to get her to stop, if I was to tell someone, she would end up in a mental hospital, and from there she will kill herself so she tells me. She means everything to me, I just want her to be happy. Her parents do know about some of the occasions, and that is the reason she went to the mental health hospital, but she does not tell them anymore due to that, she just wants a normal life where she can be happy, just like I want her to have. Thankyou for any to all answers, and I apologise for the wall of text.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:39 PM

She is having medical help which is good. What you can do for her is pray. These voices are dangerous and need to be stopped before things get worse. God loves her and wants her to be rid of these voices and any negative thoughts. Pray, and get her to pray too, for her protection, the Our Father and psalm 91 are good but you need to pour your heart out to God as well, a prayer from the heart will always be answered. Pray that the Holy Spirit will fill her with love so that it spills over onto other people. Love is the opposite of fear and will always conquer it. When she hears these voices she should proclaim the name "Jesus" as there is tremendous power in that name and the devil flees when he hears it proclaimed. She should claim Jesus as Lord of her life and ask him to guide her onto the right path which he has planned for her. May God bless you both and keep you under his wing always.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:48 PM

Every time she re cuts herself that spirit is getting an entrance to come in.she has to ignore it and run to her family when it happens and defiantly Stop cutting herself.if she feels like cutting herself she should tell someone close to her and they HAVEto stop her every time till the cuts have healed and entrance is closed
02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

You can't make her stop. Schizophrenia is a heavy burden for everyone, including the spouse. Schizophrenics make lousy parents, so I hope you're not thinking of that.
I've worked on psych wards and had a schizophrenic as a roommate.
I'd get her the help she needs and then gracefully exit. This thought disorder has no cure, and meds are good for only as long as she takes them.
Good luck,
02-19-2014, 12:53 PM

I feel bad for you, that you have no other person to talk to but to come online. Your girlfriend is very mentally ill ( I know it's harsh words but it's true) You sound like your really supporting her, which is great! I know it's going to be hard but try to keep her busy and entertained if you can cause she would be less likely of thinking bad taught's of cutting herself or suicidal taught's. A good few months ago I was in the exact same position as your girlfriend, I taught that no one could help me, Firstly I would self harm. One night I went crazy with my blade and cut my whole thigh, then she after Christmas I tried killing myself, the moment I went to slit my throat, a good friend ran in cause he knew something bad was going to happen so he basically saved my life. He's now my boyfriend. But Anyways enough about me, My point is that she will recover! It will take time, I don't know her so I couldn't say how long it would take but you need to tell her how much you love her and that she has her whole life ahead of her. When I was depressed I never heard voices but everyone is different. I'm really worried about that it's pretty serious, cause no one can stop these 'voices' If it gets worse you'll have to tell someone. If she gets professional help they can help her get better and both of you can live your lives together instead of it just being you.I taught no one could help me but I was wrong and she probably thinks the same as me.If you ever want to talk you can, I'm new to this so not sure if you can private message or not on here. But you can message me on kik if you have it? My kik ID is emilyshan97. If you can't I wish you both the best in life and I hope she gets better. Stay strong and keep going cause your doing great! Smile