This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can people with aniridia see in the dark?
02-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Can people with aniridia see in the dark?
My friend and I were curious, as we know little about aniridia and we know that they have to wear sunglasses to protect themselves from too much sunlight, or at least that is what we have read. So does that mean they see better in the dark, or does the darkness blind them as well? Could you give me an idea?
Can you tell me instead of sending me a link? I don't want to have to look for it, most websites don't directly tell me what I want to know and I end up having more questions than I did before. Please be straight forward.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:38 PM

People with aniridia may feel their sight is better in the darker conditions than it is in lighter because they are not being affected by glare.
However people with aniridia almost always have other things wrong with their eyes than lack of an iris. So their sight will still be much worse than a fully sighted person in the same conditions. Also an eye with aniridia, without an iris is not going to let much more light in than a normal eye with a dilated iris.
Furthermore any isolated light sources, particularly one pointing at the person will again cause excessive glare

Also see this discussion on the topic on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/aniridic...693607904/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply