This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Marketing major or Finance major?
02-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Marketing major or Finance major?
ok.. im trying to decide whether i should go for marketing or finance. i hear finance makes more money but im little bit more interested in marketing... im not sure if the marketing course is easier for me or maybe its easier for everyone... and as for finance, i haven't taken any finance courses so i don't know how it is or what it exactly is... but one thing for sure i hated accounting... is finance similar to accounting? also lastly, how much does marketing majors make in average vs. finance majors? how high are the ceilings for each of them?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:42 PM

To be in marketing (which sounds like something you'd rather be in), you'd have a more social environment. One thing though is that marketing is harder to get into and STAY into depending on where you live and the companies that are around

Finance is definately stable. Every company has books. Everybody needs you to do books. And everybody wants to make more money. There's definately money to be made in this industry! But, there's the classic stereotype that finance people are boring (I'm in this field, and believe me, most of the time it's true)

But in the end it's about which one you enjoy the most. If you don't enjoy it, you won't do well in it, so you won't make the money you could in it. If you pick the one you enjoy, the money will come to you. Besides, what's the point of making all that money if you hate the majority of your life because you're stuck in a job you don't like, right?

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

Major in finance. You have more career opportunities. I majored in finance and only took 4 accounting classes. There are similar but finance is more broad.