This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I get a fake Facebook account created in my name blocked?
02-19-2014, 12:35 PM
How can I get a fake Facebook account created in my name blocked?
Someone got hold of my details and photo and has created a fake imposter Facebook account in my name and is trying to defame in public. I tried to report to the Facebook authorities but to no avail as I myself do not have any account and cannot log in. I tried to log in through the accounts of some of my friends but I could not find any direct "Report" link, or any contact IDs of the Facebook authorities. I found no way out but to report to the police.

However the said account hasn't yet been closed and I am facing extreme insult and harassment from friends, relatives and acquaintances due to no reason whatsoever. It is not possible for me going around informing people that the account is not mine.

Could someone help me out with a proper suggestion, PLEASE? I want to get the account blocked as soon as possible.

This is really urgent...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:38 PM

I hope somebody can help you close the account down.

I'm no expert but I think this could be classed as ID theft on the part of the person that has set up a fake facebook account in your name with your photo. Have you tried emailing Facebook with a photo of yourself and explaining the situation to them and telling them you don't have a Facebook account.

If I was in this situation I would probably go to the police as a last resort, but if you feel you have no choice, perhaps give them a call and report it as ID theft and make sure you get a crime number so you can then refer it as an ' official matter ' to Facebook. Reporting this to the police and obtaining a crime number will show the people at Facebook that this is a serious matter and that the action of the person who has set up the fake account is upsetting you and that you would like the account closed down and removed.

Your friends and family will understand and some of them probably know that you don't have a Facebook account in the first place and why all of a sudden would you set up a Facebook account anyway. They will understand that you have not set up the account.

You will get through this.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:45 PM

contact facebook support

or contact Mark directly !

No other option