This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What would you think of parents who set the following rules? What is your religion?
02-19-2014, 12:35 PM
What would you think of parents who set the following rules? What is your religion?
Absolutely no drugs, smoking, or alcohol at all by anyone on the premises or by residents anywhere at anytime

No curse words or disrespectful slang, by anyone, anywhere, at anytime

Adults do not yell, children do not talk back

Name calling, making fun, and gossip about other people are strictly forbidden. Intolerance based on someone’s race, culture, religion, or sexuality also falls under this rule.

Modesty is a virtue, at minimum clothing must cover up to the collar bone and down to the knees and must not be skin tight, short-sleeves may be worn but sleeveless is out of the question. No exceptions.

There is absolutely no sex at minimum until the age of 18 and a high school diploma is earned

All new friends and/or significant others must be introduced along with their parents before any socialization outside of school or other shared activities. If they or their families engage in smoking, drinking or drugs they will not be allowed to associate

No dating before the age of 15, mandatory double or group dates ONLY until the age of 16 and the fourth date with that particular person

9 pm curfew until age 13 (except of course for sleep-overs or school sponsored events) 10 pm until age 16, and Midnight until graduation.

Absolutely no sleep-overs with the opposite sex until age 18

Parent/child sex education talk given at age eleven and again at age fifteen

Anything less than straight B’s will result in the loss of TV, Gaming, Social Media, and phone privileges as well as the ability to go out anywhere with friends until grades improve back up to standards.

Any school disciplinary action will also result in home grounding for a minimum of two days and a maximum of until the end of term depending of the severity of the offense

All homework must be completed before any TV, games, or social media

Dinner on week nights and breakfast and dinner on weekends are family events to be done as a family, as such absence from the table or use of cell phones during family meals will not be tolerated and will result in grounding from all privileges until the following morning

All media must comply with house rules, as in must not contain profanity or inappropriate language and must not glorify violence or disrespectful behavior

Mandatory family meetings every Monday night

Church services/Sunday school must be attended on a weekly basis as well as on holy days. Children are expected to be respectful and pay attention

If a child comes to disagree with the belief system of the household they have the right to call a family meeting and explain their thoughts on and issues with it without fear of punishment or ridicule but this will not excuse them from church, get them transferred into public school or excuse them from any rules or participation in family life until they move out. If they present their case thoughtfully and respectfully and the disagreement is not born out of a lack of understanding, laziness, or peer pressure they will be permitted to express their own beliefs in the home and community so long as these expressions do not violate the house rules.

Mandatory 3 hours of community service per week to be done of Sunday afternoons, as well as annual service projects such as Salvation Army Bell Ringing, and participation in the March of Dimes and Heart Association charity walks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:43 PM

Maybe limit your question to a question...

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:43 PM

get over it
02-19-2014, 12:50 PM

No sex until lawfully married in the temple. Anything less would lead to regret and misery.
02-19-2014, 12:55 PM

I would probably whine about it as a kid, but as I matured, I would hopefully realize these rules are in my best interest.
02-19-2014, 12:58 PM

Way, way too harsh on a lot of things.

Anything less than straight B's? Even a C is a pass, and any pass is a good pass.

I could go on about that list but seriously, if you're setting those rules for your kids, you need to give them some leeway.
02-19-2014, 01:05 PM

Crazy!

I am glad my parents were not so strict.

This is what religion does to people.

I am of no religion.
02-19-2014, 01:08 PM

The first line was enough for me to say I couldn't deal with it.
02-19-2014, 01:09 PM

sounds like a reasonable parent. Only no dating until 18 was my rule so not dating at 15 for sure.
Other than that I am okay with that.
02-19-2014, 01:17 PM

You will breed very skilful LIARS and manipulators or chickens...

Good luck with that.
~