This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Getting a local business to sponsor my boxing career?
02-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Getting a local business to sponsor my boxing career?
I am making my pro boxing debut in February of this year. I have a really good team behind me and we have the right people to build off if. I am very skilled and marketable and looking to obtain a large fan base in the near future. I just need help getting sponsorships from local businesses. The local venue that I'm fightin in will be seen by roughly 1000 people so I know I can incorporate that into my offer. I was looking for any advice or help on approaching a local business to back me or sponsor me. What are the first steps? What should I ask for? Do I just walk in the store/restauraunt or call/send a letter? I'm new to this so any advice will be appreciated, thanks! Also I am willing to offer outing the companies logo(s) on my trunks/robe too and give them positive promo.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:41 PM

If it were me I would be starting out with a screen printer that could do the logo work and get some samples you can show other businesses. Like they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Next I would go speak to the local Chamber of Commerce office and tell them your ideas.
- I would think its going to take some time to turn much of a profit so I would also get help in being listed as a non-profit for fund raising at least for your first year. This makes it easier for people to donate to your cause as well as hold fund raisers. Consider using Social Media Facebook or Google + profile to promote your self as well.
-
Also remember these are business people they are usually busy. Be respectful of their time and don't just approach with your hands open.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:42 PM

Good luck. This might be a tough sell though. Companies usually make donations to places where they can get a tax deduction. If you present it as an opportunity for advertising, they might go for it - that would be deductible. Approach places that would likely have a good portion of the audience as potential customers, and stress that to them.

I'd walk in and talk to them - it's easier to ignore a letter than a person standing in front of you.
02-19-2014, 12:43 PM

Why isn't your Manager or Agent doing this for you? When you win the fight and are making cake, they will be right there to take half and take credit.

Everyone around you works for you. YOU are the prize, the golden ticket dude.