This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should The Undertaker be allowed to be "Mark Callaway" outside WWE ring +BQ?
02-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Should The Undertaker be allowed to be "Mark Callaway" outside WWE ring +BQ?
I mean WWE is too ridilicious in protecting The Undertaker. WWE never allow The Undertaker to be "Mark Callaway", and WWE never allows The Undertaker to do charities, talk shows, interviews, etc. WWE won't even let The Undertaker attend memorial shows when Owen Hart, Eddie Guerrero, and Chris Benoit died. This is completely ridilicious in my opinion.

I don't think it would matter much if The Undertaker was allowed to be "Mark Callaway" and doing interviews and other activities outside WWE ring. So, Mark Callaway could talk a lot about the mystique of The Undertaker's gimmick, who came up with idea, etc. He could also be more open instead of being private all the time. He can also have twitter like other superstars.

I don't think it would hurt Taker at all. Everyone already know that The Undertaker was just a gimmick and Mark Callaway was a normal human in real life. I mean Vince McMahon broke kayfabe, Kane broke kayfabe, JBL broke kayfabe, everyone did and do interviews. Only The Undertaker who didn't just to protect his gimmick.

What do you think?

BQ : Other than The Undertaker, which other WWE Superstars who doesn't have twitter?

BQ2 : A history lesson, I really want to know why Bret Hart wouldn't get revenge on Vince McMahon for costing his dad his house? I mean Bret Hart could just sue WWE instead of agreeing on releasing his contract and go to WCW (the place where he didn't like). Even though WCW offered big money, Bret could get revenge on WWE first, and sign with WCW later. Bret could shut WWE down. Does this imply that Bret doesn't truly love Stu?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:40 PM

undertaker kept his mouth shgut and played his cards right and is the only one left from the golden era. Hes on good terms with vince and is allowed to wrestle only once a year. I'd say its fair. besides after he reitres he doesnt need to use the gimmicka nymore or do indie shows.

it would be innapropriate I guess for the "undertaker" to be a ta funeral is all I can assume not sure.
I didnt know he cant use his real name. Its not like cena or hhh can do other promotions without approval.

Bq I dont follow twitter its stupid so I have no idea.

shit they say harms them actually.

Bq2 huh????

bret got screwed and had no choice but to go to wcw.
bret could not sue over the screw job I don;t think. not sure man.

whos stu?

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:43 PM

Well Undertaker has always been that way. I think that was Taker's decision to keep on the DL he is so dedicated to his character I guess he never wanted the fans to see the real him outside the ring. His persona is very much like his American Badass gimmick. Taker is a private person he is allowed to be Mark Calloway but he choose not to participate in WWE charitable events.
02-19-2014, 12:48 PM

Absolutely. Taker is the only one in the "big leagues" (WWE and TNA) who never breaks character and doesn't do interviews out of character. I really don't understand why Vince insists he stay in character in public and doesn't have him appear all over the place like he does his other big stars. Back in the old days they all stayed in character whenever they were around any fans but they were trying to protect kayfabe to keep up the illusion that everything was completely real. Some of them even stayed cooped up in their homes to sell injuries and to further storylines. But nobody does that anymore. Except for Taker.

Maybe after he retires he'll write books and do interviews out of character but man, he would be a very popular guest just about anywhere now, on TV talk shows, being interviewed as himself, appearing on other TV shows like Cena, Miz, and the others do. Everybody wants to know Mark Calaway and his feelings about Vince and the WWE, pro wrestling, other promotions, wrestlers in other promotions, etc.

Maybe he's just saving all of that for a book he's going to write about his life after he retires. If he is, it will be the most anticipated and most wanted wrestler book of all-time.

He IS one of the biggest stars in wrestling history. He's probably doing this to protect his privacy and not be swarmed on by fans wherever he goes. I don't think it's all just Vince wanting him to stay in character all the time.

BQ: I don't have a Twitter account and don't follow who has them. I can't answer this one.

BQ: Bret (and Stu) couldn't sue Vince because Stu made the deal with Vince like they did in the old days, with a handshake. There were no legally-binding written contracts between Vince and Stu. Stu did business the way they used to, a man's word and his handshake. He trusted Vince at his word. Stu was an honest man who's word was gold. Vince wasn't. Stu got screwed because he did trust Vince's word and didn't have a legally-binding contract/bill of sale written for them both to sign.

In a way, Bret did get revenge for Stu by NOT agreeing to renegotiate his own contract with Vince or taking a pay cut. Bret learned the hard way that you can't trust Vince and you HAVE to have a legally-binding contract with Vince he can't weasel out of. Bret COULD'VE sued Vince for the money Vince owed him on his own contract, but that probably would've taken years in court to settle, and Bret didn't want to go that long and take the chance that Vince's lawyers would somehow figure out a way for Vince to win. So he just agreed to dissolve his contract with Vince and went to the rival company. It should've worked out a lot better for Bret. It would have, had Eric Bischoff known what to do with him.