This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I feel so bad, will he forgive me?
02-19-2014, 12:35 PM
I feel so bad, will he forgive me?
First of all I am not a snooper, I trust my man and am very happy with him. His ex (from a long-term relationship) has been mentioned many times since we have been dating (6months now) which has made me a little uneasy. I saw that they had been talking on facebook and I asked him about it, he said he just wanted some closure and told me to look through the conversation. I saw that he had been persistent in trying to may amends with her, I was a little uneasy about it but I accepted that it was innocent and left it. Many months later and I oversaw him talking to her on facebook again, when on his laptop curiosity took over me and I had a look at their conversation to see that they were talking at length every day and there was a little flirting. I was upset at this and went to leave his house, when asking why I was storming out I said it was because he had kept these conversations from me.

I have never seen him so angry, when trying to explain myself he just asked me to leave and shouted. I sent him a very long apology saying how I know it was wrong to look through the conversation and that I didn't mean to invade his privacy. He told me he was going out for the night and will see me tomorrow. when trying to apologise further he got angry and started swearing at me.

This is our first proper fight and I don't know how to fix this? I know that it is my fault for snooping, but he also hid that he was talking to her all the time. He told me that he loves me and he doesn't know why I didn't trust him, I remain that I do trust him but it was an innocent curiosity thing. Does he have the right to be so mad? how can I make this better?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:41 PM

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me the third time, NOT!!!

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:50 PM

It sounds to me that unfortunately for you, you have become a vehicle of convenience for this person, your partner has clearly been masquerading as a faithful pal, but you have very wisely found them out, painful but necessary.

You did the right thing by monitoring his/her actions as you are on a personal need to know basis here, "get rid", sorry!
02-19-2014, 12:57 PM

He's mad because he got caught. You shouldn't be the only one explaining yourself.