This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Larry Kudlow a "compassionate conservative" or is he just a typical Ayn Rand "free market" cultist?
02-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Is Larry Kudlow a "compassionate conservative" or is he just a typical Ayn Rand "free market" cultist?
Regarding the recent tragedy in Japan, he stated:

"The human toll here looks to be much worse than the economic toll and we can be grateful for that..." Larry Kudlow

I thought these cultists were supposed to at least pretend they had some compassion and try a little bit to conceal their complete disregard for the welfare, rights and lives of any life on this planet... other than the lives of the very wealthiest capitalists, that is.
Falkland - Apparently to Kudlow, the human toll is tragedy is a secondary concern. Obviously this is was the after thought and secondary to any potential economic problems that might cause a few billionaires to lose a couple million this week. Do you really not see that?
pznbob - Yeah. Free market has done real well for anyone who's job went overseas, or who has seen their wages decline over the past 30 years due to de-regulation and removal of trade barriers (all part of the "free market" ruse). All this while worker productivity has gone up (working more for less, as most Americans have been doing for 3 decades now). Or when you talk about how wonderful the free market is, are you only referring to the top fraction of 1% that has seen their wealth skyrocket over this same period, while the rest of us have fought to hold our ground and in most cases seen our share greatly decline? Please spare us your deluded worship of the free market ruse, cause quite frankly, it's a load of bunk. It's been proven time and time again throughout history to only benefit the very wealthiest exploiters.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:39 PM

I notice you cut off the rest of his statement. Context is important.

Edit: -- seemingly realizing the gaffe – quickly backed off those comments, saying that "the human toll is a tragedy; we all know that" before being cut off by co-host Trish Regan.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:48 PM

I am shocked that he is not working for Fox news.
02-19-2014, 12:56 PM

Good thing you did not use the complete quote/story, because it would not have sounded as dramatic.

"The human toll here looks to be much worse than the economic toll and we can be grateful for that," Kudlow responded. "And the human toll is a tragedy, we know that."

Kudlow later apologized for the statement on Twitter, writing, "talking about markets.I flubbed the line. Sincere apology."
02-19-2014, 01:06 PM

Cultist, but we are not sure which one.
02-19-2014, 01:11 PM

Typical lib attack by the asker. No commentator is that stupid and he did apologize. Libs HAVE to attack by trashing individuals who accidentally screw up. Libs CANNOT dialog rationally (inductive or deductive reasoning) so they have no choice but to trash. Blame Bush, I hate Sarah Palin, Palin is stupid, etc.
02-19-2014, 01:20 PM

compassionate conservative

ObaMarxism is a cult