This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need a job, I have no references sos?
10-14-2012, 12:53 PM
I need a job, I have no references sos?
Ok, I'm 18 and I was taken out of the school system where I lived and homeschooled by my mom since grade 4-12. Now that I'm out of high school, I need a job, I need money, I need to go to college but I have no money (I refuse to take on student loans and have $40,000.00 worth of debt when I have no job and I'll file for bankruptcy). I'm currenlty trying to query people for my book(but that's going to take time). I need a day job to keep me busy and make money ( I don't have a drivers liscence yet because I don't have money to buy nothing fancy-shamcy used car so that wouldn't make any sense. My parents can't buy me a car because we're strapped enough. My mom is having a hard time finding a job)
anyway, I have no references and when I mean no one I mean it! I have no friends because the friends I had weren't my "real" ones and that was when mom took me out of school to homeschool me because the teachers weren't teaching me. My family on both sides don't want to know me (I'm not making this up). I can't use my teachers as references (my 3d grade teacher wanted to stick me into pychoatic therepy when she really needed it not me. The teachers and stupid principal picked on me for being studious and not wanting to be a social butterfly) I know people at the library, but they're really not that great because in my old neighborhood people hated my family and badmouthed as over there so now they make snide comments on us.
I tried applying for jobs when I was 16. The only lead I got was at bed, bath, and beyond. However, the dream of getting it *poofed* when the manager looked at the application and then looked at me and said, snidely "you have no experience!" when it was my age (yes, discrimation even comes to the teens). I sent many places at Tanger Mall Outlets and no one called. At 17, I sent one to Dooney & Bourke, but the manager when I asked one month later, she gave me a stupid answer "I didn't check them yet." Never heard the phone ring or anything.
So, I need help. Got any ideas? I can't volunteer at my church to get a reference because the priest said the ministers, lecturs, and singing positions were filled.
I'm sitting here typing this thing out and wondering maybe that's why the job market is soo slow. The stupid bloody managers don't want to hire us because they're fickle. They want the "perfect person". Well, the only "perfect" person they're going to get is in make believe and fantasty stories such as Cinderella or Beauty and The Beast. 2 words: grow up!
Any ideas?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 01:01 PM

Join the Marine Corps
Pays for college Wink

Ads

10-14-2012, 01:01 PM

sounds like u making it tooo hard for nothing.

go apply to every fast food place u can walk,
bicycle or bus to.
u do not need "references", u need to apply
every where.

do look u the word "discrimination" it has nothing
to do with your age.

go to library and read biographies of folks that
had it worse than u do. will help u strengthen
your back bone for life.