This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How is Yahoo Answers different from Facebook, Twitter and other social sites?
02-19-2014, 12:36 PM
How is Yahoo Answers different from Facebook, Twitter and other social sites?
Is it not becoming more and more like all other social sites?
Are we not just socializing in a different way, but becoming more like those sites all the time?
I'm not saying we don't ever learn, but feel people are fooling themselves a little if they don't see this site as social. We have always had social parts.. messaging, contacts or followers, etc...
The new format is constantly telling me what everyone else is doing. I've never been on Twitter,but it sounds like what other people describe on Twitter...

Why give all the extras if you don't want people to use it for social reasons?
Good or bad... I hadn't really given it much thought. Just keep wondering how it's not social unless you refuse to use any of the features offered.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:36 PM

Breezey, in a way. We become familiar with the regulars. We have our favs and best answers are chosen based on who we like, not on the validity of their answer. It's communication. It's a popularity contest. Once in a while though, we do get some decent responses, or a particularly challenging question. I guess it's better than no YA at all.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:40 PM

It is different because we have our likes and dislikes buttons that we can click if we don't like a question or answer. However, if you have a yahoo account you can chat to friends via email. We also, get some really good answers to question on here which could happen to your questions.
02-19-2014, 12:47 PM

I think all these sites were made to gather info on people to profile them for Homeland Security. They do instant computer psycho analysis and probabilities. And it's not just for security, they profile people to be used by them as mind control operatives in order to stage false flag ops.

I think Yahoo Answers is pretty much different than other social sites. YA is Q&A, and while Wiki Answers looks similar, there's nothing like YA's points and levels and all of the nonsense of gamesmanship that hook people, because we like winning and competition. And I don't see anything wrong with socializing that way, except the US controllers are profiling you using everything you write.
02-19-2014, 12:50 PM

Don't you think that while our main objective is to answer and ask questions, this socializing aspect, which is like a "byproduct", is actually a good thing? This is my opinion.
02-19-2014, 12:58 PM

What's different Breezey is the people. What each and every individual aspires to,relates to,where they themselves feel happy,and can give of who they are the, most. Its like so very many things in life we are drawn to where we feel most happy,at ease,that's where we find that important ingredient,joy,and live them. ~* (((Hugs))) My friend. ~*
02-19-2014, 12:59 PM

you dont see people in person here
02-19-2014, 01:04 PM

Firstly I dont see it as a competition, although I can see that points for answers can make it that way for some. Also there are the censorship issues, although you might wonder if you play in male health. Others are interesting to follow because they broaden my outlook by visiting sections I would never dream of, they act unknowingly as my filter. I know not everyone appreciates my sense of humour, my imagination, my more flippant quips. But I do enjoy seeing through your eyes, hearing you views, and, not least, learning from you all. So there is also a thoughtful serious side. Straight Q&A I find a little sterile, there is much I would love to share with some who earn respect, but not here. It becomes another intellectual challenge. There are always the little gems which creep through to make life interesting. After all, social or not, isnt what we see here a real living philosophical exchange?

(((philosophical hugs)))
02-19-2014, 01:06 PM

Pretty much. After a while we'll be able to send direct messages and like things, and be able to hashtag somethings as well.
02-19-2014, 01:15 PM

I was with f cebook for years until they decided to steal from all contacts/ their members contacts and data who knows where it stops. Twitter backs up f cebook, but I find Yahoo Questions and Answers a very stimulating experience. Its people of all ages wanting their curiosity answered to the best of our abilities. So I do my best for what I know from 7 countries. Mike