This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you feel that the breakup of the nuclear familyhas had a devastating effect on children & adolesents?
02-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Do you feel that the breakup of the nuclear familyhas had a devastating effect on children & adolesents?
Do you feel that the breakup of the nuclear family has had a devastating effect on our children & adolescents?
I want your feelings as i see the small children 5 & 6 years to 10 & 12 yrs old not relating to others except over the phone media.
Many have withdrawn for socially interacting, and are hyper , depressed, lonely,
and worried about the what their future sexuality will be like.
And they haven't even learned how to socially interact with others socially?
The kids from families of teachers are hardly any better, just a observation.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:43 PM

Yes, and No.

Simply put, divorce damages kids, so divorce has a far-reaching, and serious effect in changing kids, and how they will develop into adults.

On the other hand, in Cultures where there's no divorce, abuse, torture, and even murder are much, much higher, and growing up in a battlefield-relationship also damages kids, and changes how they develop into adults.

That's why divorce should be taken very seriously, and is a decision you don't take lightely, but it should be an option.

The one thing that should be mandatory, is Therapy for kids of divorce, because it literally takes away the foundation of their life, and everybody needs help giving that a proper place, so they can minimize the damage.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:48 PM

I don't have children and chances that I will are next to nothing.

But I have heard this discussed. And I am not sure the 'nuclear family' has any relevance to how kids behave and feel or act these days.

Communication has changed tremendously in society since the 90: ICT started creeping in and that means a technology revolving around communication has changed the way people inter-relate.

There are great disadvantages involving ICT. Yet our societies critic-less embraced them, as our fundamental paradigms indoctrinate us to welcome new technology because we feel and believe that all technology is by definition favorable.

Parents have no idea anymore how to deal with this onslaught of internet and phone media, the social media and all that. And so they cannot teach children to be careful because they haven't learned to be and have always blindly accepted any new technology themselves.

So the way kids act with their parents will be heavily influenced by how they communicate online.

Generations growing up now are in serious danger of losing social skills that matter when communicating and dealing with people one on one.

But if parents do not ban mobile phones or restrict internet access or realize the dangers of a changing cultural situation themselves, they won't do any of these things.

So the way a 'nuclear family' deals among themselves with issues will be prone to different communication styles. The trick is to find a way that works.

Because you see, there are other family formats that work well. It is indicated in science that families of two mothers or two fathers produce fine kids that will live normal lives.

I also do not believe that divorce is a bad thing, it is better to live in a divorce situation than in a hell where there is fighting.

What their sexuality would be like because of ICT I can't say. I think both make and female characteristics will be washed out more and that could cause problems with physical interaction. You are then dealing with body language and smells and sounds and so on and so forth, which is different than online chat. Will people be more autistic in their reactions? Could be. But here too the parents need to step up.