This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
yahoo server in blacklisted?
02-19-2014, 12:36 PM
yahoo server in blacklisted?
I have been a long time customer of yahoo. I send emails from my yahoo account to my husband’s account he has with nucleus.com, but he has not been receiving them for some time because Yahoo mail server was put on blacklist as per this message I received from nucleus support personnel:

"Yahoo’s email server: nm20.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com has been added to a public blacklist (which is utilized by many email providers worldwide to prevent spam)

This specific blacklist is bl.spamcop.net

This is due to an influx of spam originating from Yahoo’s mail server. Yahoo would need to investigate, then resolve this issue, and apply for removal from the blacklist. Nucleus does not have the ability to remove them, nor do we have the ability to resolve the fact that their server has been sending out spam emails.

The mail server blacklisted is only one of many outgoing mail servers yahoo uses so some of your email may be getting through, but when yahoo directs your email through this specific mail server: it gets blocked by the blacklist."

My question is what is Yahoo going to do about it? It’s extremely inconvenient, as my emails seems to be directed through the above mentioned server 99% of the time. How can I contact Yahoo support, instead of scrolling through suggested topics that do not cover my issue? Thank you. Helena K.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:45 PM

You are wasting your time, Yahoo does not offer any customer service, not even for their paying customers.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:51 PM

***UPDATE***
THIS IS FOR EVERYONE WHO IS NOT RECEIVING EMAILS
when you are on your yahoo email, click the gear thing on the upper right corner, click settings, then on the left of the window that opens click accounts, then on the right side of that page click edit, there is a button that says POP and one that says Forward, click the forward button and then enter the address you want it to forward to, save and it should start forwarding.
Once you receive the verify email address from yahoo in your forwarded email box, all you have to do is click on the "VERIFY ...EMAIL" and slowly but surely you'll start receiving your yahoo email in your forwarded inbox
Hopefully this information gets out to the hundreds of you needing help. Since yahoo customer support is absolutely useless, and continued to post over and over BS help instructions on their Facebook page, I figured I should repost the same HELPFUL instructions repeatedly enough so that most of you could actually fix your emails!! Hope it works!
02-19-2014, 12:59 PM

To Contact Yahoo by Email, this can be done by clicking on HELP at the Bottom Right Hand side of the Yahoo Home Page under Horoscopes.

Click on whatever Subject is best for you for more information, you can also Click on the Arrows for more options, or Type your Problem in the Search Help box.

For more Help and advice you can also Go to the Right hand side of page and click on Contact Customer Care.

Click on Select a Product, then select a Category or Version, page will reload for you to click on Sub Category.

Make sure you fill in Brief Details of what has Happened, click Enter.

Depending on the Category you select and the Sub Category you also select you may see at the Bottom of the Page for more help Click on EMAIL A SUPPORT AGENT. You may have to click on different ones and try variations.

Or else there will be information there on the page to help with your problem.

There will then be a Form to fill in. Fill in the form with as much information as you can remember about your security details and your yahoo account etc.

Yahoo will then contact you at a Different Email Address that you need to give them. This email address CANNOT be a yahoo email one.

You need to give them a different Email Address, it could be one that you already have or you will need to create a new one, Google, Hotmail, etc. You do this by clicking on Email and then click on Register and follow the instructions.

They only need this Different Email Address to give you instructions regarding your yahoo account.

When Yahoo send you an email, make sure you check the Trash and Spam folders as well as the Inbox in case it went in there instead.

You will be asked to create a New Password, Best a hard to Guess One for anyone trying to access your Yahoo Account.

I Would Also Strongly advise that you register an alternative email address and your Mobile Number/Cell Phone Number with Yahoo, that is done through Account Settings. (I Think).

That way if your account is ever hacked or similar, a message should come up and they can send a code to your phone or other email address for you to then unlock your Yahoo Email Account.

Good Luck
Claire