This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook App for Status Update Times?
02-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Facebook App for Status Update Times?
I'm looking for an app on facebook that will post a status at a certain time during the day on a certain date. I have many statuses I can post as I'm a comedian and don't really have the time to post myself.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:44 PM

At one time, Facebook used to have a searchable App Directory. This was removed in 2011 and, at the time of publication, has not been replaced with a similar service. Instead, to explore apps on Facebook, you can use the general search field at the top of your Facebook home page. Each app has a page containing its relevant information. What type of information is provided and how it's organized varies from app to app, but in all cases you can see if any of your friends use the app and how many people use the app on Facebook on a monthly basis.

Difficulty:Moderately EasyInstructions

Create a free Facebook account if you don't already have one. Log in to Facebook. A "Search" text field is at the top of your home page, profile and every other Facebook page.

Type a name for the type of app you'r, followed by the word "app", in the "Search" text field. A small list of results is displayed, organized by their type, such as "Places," "Apps," "People" and "Pages."

Click the "See More Results" link at the bottom of the list. You can distinguish apps from pages by looking at the buttons beside each listing. Pages have a "Like" button beside them. Apps have a "View App" button.

Click the "View App" button beside any listing to see the app's page. The first page you see varies depending on how the page has been configured. On the left menu, select "Info" to see basic information about the app.

Select "Reviews" from the left menu to see what other people have to say about the app. Each review includes a star rating ranging up to five stars.

Select "Photos" from the left menu if you want to see screenshots of the app. Although not every app includes screenshots, this is the most likely place to find them.

Look at the upper right corner of the page. If you have friends who are using the app, their names and avatars appear here.

Review the number of "Monthly Active Users" displayed below the left menu. A popular app has thousands or millions of active users. A low number of users may indicate a poor app, but it may also indicate that the app is relatively new.

Click the "Wall" link on the left menu. Look at the dates on wall posts to judge the app's activity level. If the top post is several months old, this may indicate that the app isn't very popular, or is no longer maintained. However, it can also indicate that the administrator has recently disabled fan posts.

Click the "Go to App" button at the top of the page to install the app. A "Request for Permission" page opens. Read the permissions the app requires and click "Allow."

Remove unwanted apps from your profile and revoke their permission to access your information by clicking the "Account" button at the upper right of your home page. Select "Account Settings." Click "Applications" in the left menu, then click the "X" beside any app you want to remove.

Read more: How to Explore Apps on Facebook | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_10068432_explore...z1bLkZ6LDE

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply