This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I feel like I'm falling apart due to social media? (15, Freshman in High School)?
02-19-2014, 12:37 PM
I feel like I'm falling apart due to social media? (15, Freshman in High School)?
Hey everyone! (:
So, I'm a Freshman in High School currently, and as the end of the year is approaching, the last 2 months or so, have been especially anxiety filled socially for me. First off, I don't have any other type of social media except a Facebook (no Instagram, no Twitter, no Vine etc.), so I often feel left out of the loop. I know I shouldn't do this, but I sometimes stalk my friends on Twitter or Statigram and then end up getting really hurt when I look at all the interactions and stuff that I'm missing out on. It causes me to second guess myself and reevaluate how I may be thought of at school, and makes me look at myself through other people's eyes, even though other people will tell me that I'm very highly thought of at school. I know that Im loved, Im a generally confident person, and I'll feel confident about everything when I'm at school, and then I'll get the temptation to look at what I'm missing out on on social media and feel weird. Plus, since I'm in ASB (Student Council), I feel especially confident around school until I get this feeling that I'm missing something when I see someone's twitter. It can be really depressing. I don't want to get any other kind of social media, however, because I'm happy with just a Facebook. How can I overcome this? Is this just a self perception issue? Thanks guys! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:44 PM

Uh. Some people don't even have a Facebook,, get over yourself. Ur fine.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:54 PM

My dear friend,forget media and even face book. You are doing okay. So just carry on. You will be happy.