This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Y&R .... Do you think we will hear?
02-19-2014, 12:37 PM
Y&R .... Do you think we will hear?
anymore from Michael Muhney since today January 30 was his last day and he is out of there, will he be free to speak up now and tell his fans .... his side of the story or have we heard the last of this?

What became of the petition? if these allegations against him were false why didn't he get a lawyer and take action against HK and JFP after all his reputation, name and family are at stake.

Thoughts?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:40 PM

I hope so I just so hated that he was fired. I wish I knew about the petition but I never saw one. All I know I hate what has happened. The guilty party will be found I hope.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:47 PM

I think that we will hear from him again eventually. It might be awhile though.
02-19-2014, 12:56 PM

I still don't know what to believe here about who is telling the truth MM or HK, but to answer your question he is free to speak up now that he isn't under contract with Sony (the company that owns Y&R).

There is two ways of looking at why he didn't hire a lawyer

1. He did sexually assault her and knows if he speaks up it would further ire HK, to the point she would press charges. He could feel that its a wash, he got caught assaulting her and was fired in his mind no need to throw more gasoline on the fire.

2. He didn't molest her but he feels sympathy for HK (for having a crush on him) and doesn't to harm her repuatiatin so he's taking the fall for her.

Either way I don't know what really went down.
02-19-2014, 01:06 PM

Lets hope we hear from him and maybe he is waiting until after his last day on this soap to do it. Hopefully he will do it! someone need to put down JFP and HK. I hope when she followed "The Path" she is gone forever!
I swore when I sign the petitions I would get a bunch of junk mail from them but haven't heard or seen anything on it yet..Maybe someone from the Celebrity sub-category will say something since a couple of them came over here with it.
02-19-2014, 01:08 PM

This whole matter smells like a publicity stunt to me.
That being said, I do hope that Michael moves forward and lands a great role (maybe on prime time)!

"Living well is the best revenge."

Unfortunately, all the petitions or post cards in the world will not sway the "network" or Sony from doing what they are going to do.......been there, done that!

I still don't speak that "networks" name after what they did to GL and ATWT.
02-19-2014, 01:17 PM

I think eventually when all of this is over we will hear his side for the story, if it happens to be false then I guess he didn't want to put his family through all of that heartache it's not worth it anymore hopefully he lands another acting job.
02-19-2014, 01:20 PM

I hope so. He needs to come out and tell us all everything that went down. I dont believe he touched her, thats my opinion. All I know is where ever he ends up on TV, im gonna be watching. Best wishes to him & I hope they treat him with respect!
02-19-2014, 01:25 PM

I'm convinced he was fired mainly because of his ongoing feud with Eric Braeden, which escalated this year.

He's not the only good actor who's had trouble with Braeden, Peter Bergman nearly got fired 20 years ago after they had a fight, but Jeanne Cooper intervened. Since then, Peter Bergman has accepted being 'secondary status' to Victor and always losing out to him, he's never been too outspoken. But MM was less able to take it.

There probably were allegations from HK but they seem suspect to me, Sony and CBS have just used it to justify the firing without it seems doing any real investigation into the incident. There have been no charges laid against MM and as far as I'm concerned, innocent until proven guilty.

I don't think MM can sue Sony or CBS they would've had themselves legally covered. They could fire him at will and MM will still be under a non disclosure agreement for the term of his original contract.

The veterans on the show often seem to ignore the non disclosure agreements to shoot their mouths off, as their conduct on Twitter shows.

MM is probably waiting for it to blow over a bit then will look at his other options. I am hoping he can cross to GH and as somebody else said, finding success elsewhere will be his biggest vindication. He has fan support, his main female costar Sharon Case standing by him, and he is friends with Maura West. 10 years from now, will Hunter King be anywhere or remembered much? Likely not, but not judging either party.

I think Sony - being mainly executives - may have underestimated how fans would feel, I have stopped watching Y&R over this after 20 years viewing. But I'm realistic, most people will continue watching the show out of habit despite the poor quality. So the best for MM would be get a better acting gig elsewhere and leave Y&R behind in the dust.