This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How and why am I on Mylife?
02-19-2014, 12:37 PM
How and why am I on Mylife?
I was typing up my name to see if I was still on myspace, an account I think I deleted a long time ago. Then all of a sudden my name appears and show the state and place where I live! I clicked on it and showed my name, birthdate (How old I am now), what county I live in, and when I supposedly joined mylife. I never joined mylife and it appears I have an account. I don't want people to know where I live and how old I am etc. What should I do? How did this happen? Help, anybody.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:47 PM

Some of these sites, once information is entered by you or somebody else, it it next to impossible to get the stuff removed. Classmates is another one.

If you are 18 or older, I guarantee that you are already on some of those "people finder" sites such as peoplefinder.com or intellius.com . These are sites that aggregate publicly available information so there is little you can do about it. Try one of them, you will be surprised how much info they give even before you run into their paywall for the more gory details.

Whatever you do, don't get arrested! The reason I say this is that there are sites such as mugshot.com that publish your picture and crime and EXTORT you for several hundred dollars to remove that information. The problem is that they own several sites and you guessed it, you get to pay several hundred dollars to EACH site so that people won't see your mug when they google your name.

Add all this up and you can figure out why I don't want a facebook account or anything else that you have to use your real name. The nsa already has the goods....

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply