This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best way to use an iPad while travelling?
02-19-2014, 12:37 PM
What is the best way to use an iPad while travelling?
I'm going to Europe and have always been a PC user. I now have an iPad and don't want to lug my bulky HP laptop around Europe just to be able to download pictures and videos like I'm used to, so I'm bringing the iPad and leaving the laptop at home. Now I'm having the issue of what apps to download. I use Picasa to edit pictures and Windows moviemaker to edit movies for YouTube. I am wondering what the best options are for picture editing and movie making from an iPad. I have the SD card reader for the iPad so getting the pictures on the iPad isn't an issue. I just have no clue what to use to edit them and how I can still make high-quality videos for YouTube, Facebook, Blogging, etc...

Help?? Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:40 PM

First of all, I would get a security (anonymity) app for private browsing and tracking-free iPad security. This is important if you'll be using your iPad on public WiFi connections in Europe:

http://tabletsecurity.ellsed.com

For video editing on the iPad, I recommend the "Magisto" app. It's availabe on iTunes. For photos and editing, there's:
- Photo Editor by Aviary
- GroupShot
- Panorama 360 Camera
- Photo Soft Box Symbols HD

To create your own travel blog, there are two iPad apps -- TravelPod and Travelog.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:47 PM

Gavin gave you a good answer to which I would add the following....

You can open a Gmail account, which will give you a Google+ account. Google+ has a Photos section which contains fairly extensive editing capabilities that might do for your photos. You can set up your iPad so that the photos are automatically uploaded to Google+/Photos. The reason that you would consider this in addition to the editing is that it will give you an on-line backup of your photos "just in case".

In any event, be sure to set up some on-line backup setup for your photos and all on the iPad in the event it is lost, stolen or damaged.