This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do we become good friends again?
02-19-2014, 12:37 PM
How do we become good friends again?
I have a friend (that is a girl) that I made in one of my classes in first year at university. We are now in third year, but we seem to have drifted apart.
I'm not entirely sure what happened... maybe it was because we started taking different classes, had slightly different social circles, etc.
We used to hang out sometimes, help each other with homework and stuff like that, but now I'd be lucky if I had a 1 minute face-to-face conversation with her.
I don't like her more than a friend or anything, because I already have a girlfriend. And now you're thinking, there's the problem - but I've had this girlfriend for the entirety of the friendship.
She recently got a boyfriend over the summer, and this is where I think the issue is coming from.
Perhaps this guy isn't a big fan of his girlfriend having guy friends - but I just don't know how to confront her about this issue. I don't want to sound like I'm needy or that I'm secretly in love with her or anything.
I just miss her and wish she was back in my life - again, I don't want her to be my girlfriend (I've already got a perfect girl) - I just want my friend back.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:43 PM

I would talk to her over facebook or something, just ask her how she is and how are her classes. do this every so often, not every time she is online, then when you feel you're both comfortable with each other offer to go get a coffee of something. But keep in mind she may have changed, you both could have changed so this friendship may not e what you remember. But I understand its hard to lose a friend and you haven't given up. Try and see where it goes, hope this helps.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

Tell her that. Tell her you know she has a boyfriend, and you have a girlfriend, but tell her you just want to be friends like you used to be. I'm sure she'll feel the same way. Good luck Smile