This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what are the best Instagram tips?
02-19-2014, 12:37 PM
what are the best Instagram tips?
i use Instagram a lot and i was wondering what are the best tips for instagram? i want to know the following things:

1. what is the best time of the day to take a photo for outside?
2. how to take the best photos possible?
3. the best things/objects to photograph?
4. the best filters to use?
5. the best free apps to use?

i really would like to change up the way i use Instagram i dont take a lot of "amazing" pictures if u get what i mean i i normaly take the average picture of myself or technology stuff or when im hanging with friends and ect. what the average teenage takes. i wanna take different photos and stuff and go in a different direction for a while.

if you have anymore tips let me know it would be very appreciative thanks Smile best answer gets full points

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:46 PM

Here are the steps to take a fine photo for Instagram
1.DO NOT take a photo of your food even though it feels interesting it's not, you will appear unoriginal and like just like any other instagramer.
2. use a filter like toaster and turn your camera at a 45 degree angle and *snap*
3.take photos of your drawings or other arts, if you don't usually draw you can take a photo of something from nature like a beautiful tree,beaches,flowers, bugs.
4.you can use an app called "Camera+" it works like instagram except it's just a camera with filters and other editing equipment.
I hope I helped that's all I have for now if you want more tip just message me Wink

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:48 PM

My favorite time of day to take pics with instagram is in the late afternoon/early evening, because you can still use some of that light and it makes your pictures look extremely tranquil and peaceful, more mellow type of photography. My favorite filters are the 1977 and the nashville. It gives off more of an indie/urban feel. Also use the blur allot and sometimes contrast if its necessary! I would never take pics of food, or stuff that seems totally unnecessary to take. I like to be more creative, I go outside, make a lil set with using interesting props to make the picture look cool. Or find a good place that has great landscape (not the ocean) but places that have alot of perspective, curves, hills, trees.
Hope this helped!
02-19-2014, 12:54 PM

Pictures are best taken at sun up and sun down when there are no shadows.

Jessica
http://nathanpetty.com
02-19-2014, 01:02 PM

1. what is the best time of the day to take a photo for outside?
2. how to take the best photos possible?
3. the best things/objects to photograph?
4. the best filters to use?
5. the best free apps to use?

Ah. Instagram. Hipsters Unite.
Because you're using a camera to take pictures on Instagram, be it your phone; You'll need to improve your photography skills. Learn the basics, simply photography tutorials can be found on the internet, or Pinterest. (A good resource)
- Make sure you have natural lighting. Flash makes it look weird.
- When choosing a filter, try and choose one that compliments the colors on your photo, you may refer to a color wheel.

1) It depends on what you're trying to photograph. Generally the afternoon gets you good shots, while the morning can also be good, too. If you know what you're trying to photograph; It comes easier to you
2) Use an alignment grid; By pressing "Options" when you open your camera application. (i-Phone & Android)
3) Think outside the box. It could be anything around you.
4) Pixlrmatic.

*Use hashtags on instagram to get your photos known, but avoid "common" tags such as: #followme #follow, as this will result in spam-bots following you. Always report those.