This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is a good entry level Human Services Job with my degree?
02-19-2014, 12:37 PM
What is a good entry level Human Services Job with my degree?
I have a 4 year degree in Criminal Justice with the focus on Human services, and a Masters in Psychology. What would be a good entry level job for my degrees? As in what types of jobs would be available to me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:40 PM

Consider going for a counseling license in your state and applying for a job in a prison psychiatric facility. You will get quite an education if you land the job. You could also go for the niche market of court ordered anger management counseling in private practice. If substance abuse counseling is your schtick you could go for a provisional license and perhaps work for a social service agency until you get enough supervised practice for your independent license. You could work with military families or at VA hospitals.

If you don't want counseling and are in love with police work, get a cop job and work your way up. You could try for a community college teaching job in psych, but the full time jobs are hard to get. You could do some adjunct work though. Consider going into sales and marketing where your psych degree could open some doors, and where you'd make a lot more money than in any of the other jobs. Good luck.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply