This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you believe George W. Bush when he says Social Security is broken?
10-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Do you believe George W. Bush when he says Social Security is broken?
Do you believe George W. Bush when he says Social Security will soon be bankrupt? He says there will not be enough people paying into the system. He says the only way to save Social Security is by privatizing it. He says Americans should invest their Social Security funds in the stock market to prevent a tragedy in the future. I don't really understand why he says this. On the one hand, he claims the unemployment rate is extremely low, but on the other hand, he claims that there will not be enough workers in the future to prevent Social Security from becoming bankrupt. What do you think? Do you think something really needs to be done to save Social Security?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 01:40 PM

Wasn't this news in 2003 or something?

Ads

it was broken the day the democrats let LBJ raid it to pay for Vietnam.

Yes and where in the Constitution does it give the government the authority to force me to participate in a state retirement program?

Bush is right (see cons I agree with your boy) Social Security is broken. The only thing is his method for fixing the problem differs greatly from mine.

He does have a point, but it's not as dire as he claims.

It's broken if you factor in the 120 Billion a year he needs for his war that lasts forever. That's for sure.

Otherwise I bet those books can be juggled.

They relieved Silverado of an equal shortfall without too much difficulty when the Bush boys embezzled that money years ago, didn't they?

No.
Use common sense.
Tens of millions pay into social security every day in this country. Social security taxes are at an all time high. Plus, billions of dollars were paid into the system by illegals over the past several years. Those monies were and still are put into a special fund that Bush nor Congress ever talk about to you, the general public.
Additionally, your government has been dipping into social security funds for decades. They will never pay back what they borrowed. Hence the broken" bs.
I don't buy this 'people are living longer than they used to ;and they collect longer"--- well so what! They earned it!
If Bush wants to do something to 'fix' the system, then let him throw a piece of legislation to Congress....do like he did when he wanted those hundreds of billions for Iraq. Do the same thing for the Social Security system. Pay back every cent that was borrowed -- with interest.
Then it would be 'fixed'.

Besides I don't believe a word Bush says anymore, or perhaps I should say, a "word" others tell him to say.He is so untrustworthy that there is no reason to believe him, about this issue, or any other.
bye bye bush
Bush' only interest in fixing the ss system it to help his investor buddies on Wall Street.He can fool others but not this young woman.
DEANNA
below

'You are absolutely
categorically correct!
Illegals HAVE been paying in to social security for decades!
There was NO accounting regarding their earnings!
Yes they used others social security numbers.
humm
So all that did was to fatten the coffers of those whose social secrity numbers were used?
You forget. Social security goes by numbers NOT names.
So some of you oldsters there are actually collecting off of the benefits of that 185 billion YOUR govenrment Never told you about which was contributed by ILLEGALS who will never see a dime of it.
Stop being foolish sillies.
Check out what your government DOES NOT tell you.

Yes. But I believed that long before President Bush said it.

My retirement financial planning never includes income input from Social Security. I don't believe it will be there when I'm eligible to retire.

yep!