This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My boyfriend has 150 female friends on facebook. What should I do?
02-19-2014, 12:38 PM
My boyfriend has 150 female friends on facebook. What should I do?
Yes, I am an idiot. So I don't need to be reminded, but let me give you the background. I grew up in Latin America with some friends of the family. So I know this person pretty well. I haven't seem them in a bit. We started going out via facebook. He got beat up by some thugs in Costa Rica and asked me to send him some money so that he could get out of there. I sent him a bit. He sent photos and he was actually stabbed, so I do believe him. We've been emailing, texting, skyping, calling for the last 2 years everyday and he says that I'm his best friend. We talk about an hour to 4 hours everyday.

What bothers me is that he has 150 friends on facebook, who are all women. He flirts with them constantly. He won't put me as his girlfriend on there. Most recently he started flirting with a married woman, who he sent candies to on V-Day. He told me he didn't believe in V-Day and that's why he didn't send me anything. I also found out that he broke up with his fiance of a year in August and communicated with her while we were going out. We started dating in November.

I am supposed to fly down there next week and stay at his apartment. I am to the point where I have lost my patience with him and don't even know what to say to him anymore. I'm horrified, because our families are really close and our families have been friends for over 30 years. I also can't believe he turned out like this. What advice would you give me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:44 PM

dump him

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:53 PM

Get yourself 151 male friends on facebook
02-19-2014, 12:58 PM

Won't make it Facebook official for a reason besides religion, parents being strict, etc. = cheating-waste-of-your-time-sack-of-crap

Get rid of him. I know it's hard, but in all actuality you obviously don't mean as much to him as he does to you hun.
02-19-2014, 01:02 PM

Well, have you not actually met him yet? I have to say that it's probably fair for him not to call you his girlfriend. I think you are making this more then it is, quite honestly. He's playing this card with a bunch of women. I am not gonna call him a jerk though. I think you've been blinded by love, too to some of the realities of his situation.