This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do people use career-oriented social networking sites?
10-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Why do people use career-oriented social networking sites?
There are many social networking sites in the market which allow you to keep up to date with the education and careers of your friends and contacts.

In your experience, why do you or others use these sites?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 01:47 PM

Well it's the old adage - it's not what you know, it's who you know. If you see a job advertised and happen to know someone who works in the company then you're not just another face in the crowd.
My social networking contacts include people who I used to know that are now living all over the world. Just think of the possibilities that this opens up. You wouldn't normally talk to them but just keeping in touch that little bit via the good old world wide web means you never know when they could come in handy.

I'd be happy to help an old friend who was looking for work if I was able to and knew they were trustworthy.

Ads

u no what that is a good answer people need to make money and tell someone something thats why like right now uask me a question

I think that social networking sites encourage the right behavior - using your personal network to learn new things. Career oriented sites work in much the same way, however, the networks built through these may prove even more beneficial in the long run.

These sites are really good for shy types who really are interested in learning more about an industry or job.

Because, nobody wants to be alone...

--
Vijeth
http://neurondotnet.freehostia.com

because they are affraid meeting poeple outside in real world. they feel more secure at homes. they dont have to look in the eyes of other opeople, no one will see their body language and thus they can pretend to be anything they want.

i dont because they want to i guess or maybe its there hobby

simple.... to see if you have done better then your friends. Same thing for your friends, if you have a profile somewhere. Its all about doing, one better then everyone else. I think the whole concept was good, if your looking for a job and EVERY ONE checks the internet...but it just got really, really pointless; really, really fast!

this is not something new... internet is just a new medium for it.

i use cgtalk.com just because of the whole "surround yourself with bright individuals" line i mean if you can't do it in college you might as well attempt online i figure, also they give me motivation and competition in my field Smile