This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do my friends have to suffer all because of the mistake of one man?
02-19-2014, 12:38 PM
Why do my friends have to suffer all because of the mistake of one man?
About a week ago, a past friend that I knew from High School passed away suddenly. And do you want to know why? It's all because he overdosed on alcohol, and then he died from alcohol poisoning shortly before he was found! What frustrates me most is that this situation could have been easily prevented had this guy been more careful. It's a senseless tragedy. Because of this man's careless actions, all of my past High School friends, his family (including his wife and one year old son), and the community, are suffering because of it.

You won't believe the heartbreaking Facebook pictures and statues I have seen over the past several days. I cannot even imagine how some of his closest friends feel. I'm wasn't even that close to this guy, and my heart breaks *greatly* for his friends and community. This could have easily been avoided, but now people will be attending a funeral of someone who could have lived a longer life.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:43 PM

That's life, people die. Its not like he intentionally killed himself, and perhaps he had a nasty habit like many people do. Evenntually you accept this as a fatal flaw that caught up with him, Doesn't mean he's a bad person though.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:45 PM

The mistake people made was in not supporting him earlier (waiting till he overdosed) when it must have been apparent for at least a few years.

Why cry over spilt milk now?

OK
02-19-2014, 12:46 PM

We&#x27;ve all felt grief, not always the same amount, some are lucky to just feel a bit. You have to stay strong. Go to his funeral, try to think of all the things he did while he was here, instead of grieving because he didnt do more. I think about the same thing when I hear stories of all the innocent lives lost to drunk drivers, women and children, teenagers, elderly, men with goals and ambition. And their lives were cut short for what reason? They didnt get to hear their childrens first words or see them graduate for what? A few shots at a bar? Its sensless and a horrible way to go, but holding it against them wont do any good. Watch over his wife and baby boy, God knows they need it now more than ever. I will say a prayer for you and your community tonight, good luck, stay strong, and God bless!