This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My pregnant friend seems to have completely cut me out of her life.?
02-19-2014, 12:39 PM
My pregnant friend seems to have completely cut me out of her life.?
My best friend is about 8 months into her pregnancy, 20 yrs old.
Since August this year, a month after we found out about her pregnancy, she gradually stopped talking to me frequently and now never talks to me at all. That month, I got into my first ever serious relationship.
We had planned to go to college, and were accepted together into a course but it was then that she discovered she was pregnant. I decided to stay in our hometown rather than move off to college without her, to be near and help her when she needed me. I started the same college course in our hometown in September.
...However, she's never "needed" me. We went from talking everyday for hours, to her ignoring Facebook messages (but "seeing" them) and being completely unreachable on the phone, and not having spent time together alone in months. I cannot remember the last time we had a conversation.

BUT...She shows up at my house, that I share with my boyfriend and one other guy, with her boyfriend (the baby's father) to spend time with my housemate (who she always told me she was annoyed by) and one of his other friends. She laughs and jokes with them all, seems in the best of spirits, but as soon as I speak in the room or enter the room she goes silent and unresponsive unless someone else speaks to her. She never invites me out when they go for food or leave town for a trip away. She invites people that when we were friends, she adamantly told me she terribly dislikes. We were and are not very sociable people, as I've said we were each other's only friends and everyone else was considered acquaintances really. I feel very unwelcome in my own house while they come over and stow away upstairs to avoid the horrible feeling of being unwelcome and ignored.

She tells me she has anxiety problems and doesn't meet anybody or go out and that it's not just me and I've done nothing - however, my boyfriend has met her recently on her way back from somebody's house where she was chatting and having tea. Her Facebook says she's been having coffee with other girl's from our town who were young mums and I'm wondering is it that I'm not a mum that she's blocked me out? or maybe is it that I'm still pursuing the life that we had planned together before she got pregnant (in college, living with boyfriend, okay money situation, happy apart from this worry)... Or am I just a B**** that doesn't understand pregnancy? This is all pretty extreme behavior and bizarre for my friend towards me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:39 PM

Isnt your friend to young to get pregant she get a life

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply