This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should Jehovah's Witnesses be taken to court for the practice of shunning?
02-19-2014, 12:39 PM
Should Jehovah's Witnesses be taken to court for the practice of shunning?
It is being done and please sign this petition:

I passionately support this petition of grievance against the Watchtower Society's policy related to shunning. If you feel the same way, I hope you will not only sign it, but share it with friends, the press in your area, your church group, etc.
http://www.change.org/petitions/launch-a...alog_false

Launch an Investigation On Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Religious Policy That Violates Human Rights and...
http://www.change.org
RELIGIOUS POLICIES THAT VIOLATE HUMAN RIGHTS, RESULTING IN SUICIDAL DEATHS All Jehovah’s Witnesses who change their religious beliefs
This is being sent to the United Nations.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:46 PM

NO!

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:52 PM

Anyone who would contemplate suicide because they were shunned by a cult clearly believes what the cult is selling. I didn't make them that gullible, I didn't force them to suspend their reason or intelligence and embrace a religion so absolutely idiotic and exploitative, and I really have very little sympathy for them if they suffer the consequences of their own credulous, desperate adherence to any fundamentalist belief system.

Religious policies against the followers of one's own religion don't constitute a human rights violation. No one makes you join a religion, dear. You do it because you collaborated in your indoctrination.
02-19-2014, 12:59 PM

shunning means not talking to or associating with someone. Should it be illegal to not talk to someone? Can you really make it illegal for people not to passively be ***holes to former members? I mean, you can make it illegal for an organization to deny membership based on racial, gender, or other discriminatory reasons, but the people are being shunned because they don't want to be a JW anymore, not because they were denied membership.
02-19-2014, 01:07 PM

If someone crosses me then I cut them out of my life. So what? There's no crime there. If they commit suicide, then they needed more help than beings friends with me could ever give them. What I'm saying is, you can't force folks to accept people they disagree with. People who commit suicide over such a thing are already ticking timebombs. They were too dependant on that cult. I'm sorry about your daughter but I highly doubt this petition will amount to anything. You want the UN to drop Syria and Sudan and instead try to stop Jehovah Witnesses? Good luck.
02-19-2014, 01:08 PM

No and now you are being totally ridiculous .

Disfellowshipping unrepentant sinners is a Biblical command. It will continue as long as this worldly system continues.
Jehovah's will overrules what humans want.
You should dwell on matters of real importance like hoping that other religions follow the Bible and disfellowship their unrepentant members.

ACTS 5:29
"We must obey God as ruler rather than men."

Do you really want to go against Jehovah law? Not a wise thing to do.
02-19-2014, 01:10 PM

Of course not.
They would just tell you that the Witnesses have freedom of religion and you will look foolish.
02-19-2014, 01:12 PM

Where were this childs parents? Did the church raise them? Do they not have any guilt associated with the upbringing? Did the parents not raise the child to be able to discern for themself?
While this is a tragic thing....someone taking their own life....one has to wonder the answers to a few of the questions raised.....one last q please....should they not sue you...for shunning them?

Edit: I have closely watched this persons posts and demeanor decline over the last few weeks...at one point they had announced they were going to distance themselves from this type of pursuit....now the posts have been "upping the ante".....I don't know your status, Mysterious, but I sincerely hope you get some relief from this suffering....I just know it won't happen for you with such hate in your heart clouding your discernment.....
Edited: To those who still decry the "shunning" as you put it....rejoice! This is the time you can swoop in and get them to come join your "church"....God knows you don't biblically discipline anyone as long as the Tithes keep coming.....
02-19-2014, 01:12 PM

Much as I disagree with what they do, i can't see how you could enforce this or justify it morally. In a society of free will one has to be allowed to choose who they associate with or talk to.
02-19-2014, 01:22 PM

So you are telling us who we can and cannot associate with, huh?