This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I deal with my mothers problem with Facebook?
02-19-2014, 12:39 PM
How can I deal with my mothers problem with Facebook?
Ever since 2010, my mother has been attached to Facebook. Ever since I helped created her account she's on it nonstop. Now I helped created her 15 other accounts because she wants her posts to have a bunch of likes and she asked me today to create 2 more accounts! It's bad and whenever I can't help her with an issue with a post,comment, etc., she's starts yelling and telling me I'm useless. People pointed out she has issus and she comebacks saying "I do everything at the house and use Facebook." We don't eat homemade food anymore because she has to check what's going on Facebook. Nobody goes on her page and she had to use her fake contacts. She also became possessive of her computer and whenever we are out she tells me to check her page on my iphone and asks to put posts wherever we go. It's getting really annoying! Can someone tell me how do I get her to reliaze she had an issue/addiction to Facebook and get her to stop yelling everytime when something goes wrong with Facebook?!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:42 PM

When she tells you to go on her facebook page write something bad
For example
Mom arent all the people who liked this you.
Or when she leaves her account logged on delete it
Hope this helps
Im not sure as im not an expert at this kind of stuff

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:48 PM

Sounds bad, Sophia. It sounds like she depends on you for keeping her updated and educated. tAnd by giving her the information she requests, you are encouraging it to continue. Try not being available for helping her. i.e., "I'm not going to be checking your facebook page from my phone anymore. Maybe you should think about getting your own phone." If she "goes off" on you, ignore it.... walk away without getting angry. She's addicted and you are her enabler.