This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
new to facebook! lol - question?
02-19-2014, 12:40 PM
new to facebook! lol - question?
i just got "passed a drink" and on that page under the "pass a drink" banner there is like a not thing that says
" 2 of your friends voted for you as the person most likely to fall in love. 19 minutes ago - Comment "

if i click on it, it takes me to a dating page or something, does that mean it's an advertisement thing? if not how do i get on it to see who voted for me?

thanks! xx
ok so it's an ad. good lol!!

will it always tell me in my Notifications box on the bottom right of the screen when someone does a poll or something about me?

+ what happens if i don't log on for a day or 2 and have more than 5 new notes in there? how do i see the rest?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:43 PM

DO NOT CLICK ON THOSE ADVERTS! They are complete crap!

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:45 PM

its just some dating thing. Not real friends of yours. Just ignore it
02-19-2014, 12:45 PM

It's just an advertisement. They're all over FaceBook now. Just ignore them.
02-19-2014, 12:48 PM

there's a lot of advertisement crap.
just ignore it.
02-19-2014, 12:57 PM

yes it is just an advertisement. When you see these, thats almos always what it is. Mine says stuff like "name" scored a 119 in a IQ quiz, and they think your dumb.

or

"name" has sent you a secret note. Click her to read it.

there just advertisments so dont worry about them
02-19-2014, 01:00 PM

You receive notifications from "Applications" when your friends use those applications to rate/rank you on certain things. So, one of your friends probably had the 'Superlatives' or 'Compare People' application and ranked you as the person most likely to fall in love. Then, the application notified you of your ranking and is trying to get you to "add" their application to your account so you can use it as well to rank other people.

Applications do this because the more users an application has the more money they make from advertising revenue from within their application.
02-19-2014, 01:05 PM

Hi, i always get these on facebook. Everytime i click, its a trick, i wouldnt waste your time to be honest Smile
02-19-2014, 01:10 PM

Lol that is all just advertisements.....
02-19-2014, 01:15 PM

if the thing under the banner is not for an application then it is probably an advertisement...
on the compare people application people can choose to stay annoynomous when voting... if they didn't choose to stay annoynomous u should be able to click on your "wins and losses" and the voters intials will come up