This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please help...10 pts best answer?
02-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Please help...10 pts best answer?
Hello, Im a concerned facebook user because recently my account has been "disabled". I am an active member in many forums and pages, plus I have many friends who i talk to thanks to having facebook. However, recently my account has been disabled and I have no way now of contacting my friends and family that live abroad or my friends that i met on facebook groups. This is very unfortunate because my friends and family members wont know what happened because i have no other way of contacting them besides facebook Because besides youtube, facebook is mainly the only site I go to.
I dont want to create a new account!! im not in the mood to start all over.

I already emailed the people on fb
I did research on "disabling accounts" many people said fb hasnt gotten back to them

what should i do?
No..i havent been reported

I dont do that stuff online

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:47 PM

they will reply to your email soon in a matter of max. 3 days, but however, if someone has reported you they will not consider your email and you will get no reply!
so you better make a new account

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

To another answerer, I don't see how you got those points.
For one, there is no timeline for when they will get back to you. It could be a day; it could be a week, or more. There is no "matter of max..days", like you said, and it is definitely not 3 days.
In addition, you mentioned that if someone was reported by someone else, facebook would "not consider your email and you will get no reply!". That is entirely untrue. If someone gets reported their account does not get deleted right away. If you read the site properly, it says an admin will review the request, and if legimate, then appropriate actions will be taken. In addition, ALL disabled accounts are pleable, just like here on Yahoo Answers in terms of reported answers.
Next time please refrain from answering if you are not sure to avoid confusing the questioner or anyone else.

Now...back to the question: How long ago was it when you emailed facebook? If they do not get back in ~ a week I would consider emailing them again.
How did you email them? The disabled account issue address is disabled@facebook.com so make sure that's the one you used.
Accounts will usually be reactivated sooner or later if your offence wasn't too bad, so just hang in there! Your data is not currently lost, only "frozen" on FB's servers, ie. you cannot access them yet but it's there.

Good luck!