This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My best friend and I are drifting apart?
02-19-2014, 12:40 PM
My best friend and I are drifting apart?
First off I'm 15 and she is 13. Well actually she is my cousin, then we became best friends, and now we are practically sisters. I feel like we are drifting apart. Like she tells me that she is constantly too busy to hang out. I practically have to beg her just to go somewhere with me. I feel like her boyfriend is getting between us, because now all she has time for is him. She says she doesn't hang out with him a lot. But what it seems like is happening is all the days we used to hang out she is now hanging out with him. We used to hang out on Wednesdays and on the weekends, and now she just blows me off to see him. she tells me to not text her all the time, although before she dated him we were super close and it wasn't a big deal if I texted her like every 2 days.. And when I call she doesn't pick up anymore. She will just let it go to voicemail unless she needs something. Then she would pick up and answer me. And I can't believe she let a guy get between us, I mean we are actually family!!! And she is always blowing me off as If I don't matter anymore. And today she texted me and said "call me right now" well I didn't see the message until an hour later. So I call her and it rings twice then goes to voicemail. And so I then see her latest Facebook status and it says on the phone with the best friend. And it was posted 30 minutes ago. Well that was only 30 minutes after she texted me to call her. And so I guess since she didn't have me to talk to that she just found a new best friend. So I text her and I say call me because I wanted to know why all of a sudden she wanted to talk to me. And she texts back and says I'm on the phone. And I say call me afterwards. And she doesn't reply. So about 45 minutes after I sent her that I text her and I tell her to call me and she says stop I'm going to bed. And so I say ok well why did u wanna call me. Like what's up. And she says stop texting me. And I say I was trying to get you to call me because after all you're the one who wanted to talk to me In the first place. And another thing that happened earlier this week was I asked her if she wanted to go to the mall on Sunday and I said ur boyfriend could go too. She tells me I have plans for Saturday and for the weekend already and he usually plans my weekend anyway. And then I tell her I was just trying to be nice and help u out so you could spend some time with him sorry. So she tells me well I don't really wanna go to the mall anyway. And she says that she can't spend a lot of time with me she has other friends too. I just feel like I'm losing my best friend, my sister, my FAMILY all at the same time. She is like the person I trust the most. She is the person who was always there for me. And now I feel like I have nobody, what should I do?!??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:48 PM

Unfortunately you need to accept the reality of the situation and find new friends. She is moving on and cutting you out of her life. Its too bad she doesn't realize what a good friend you are and what she's losing by doing this.

But you shouldn't allow her to hurt you any further. Leave her alone and move on.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply