This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you have a facebook page? Why or why not?
02-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Do you have a facebook page? Why or why not?
I recently deleted my facebook page for the following reasons:
*You end up with people on your list that you do not like, and you want to delete them so badly...but can't
*I was being stalked. Someone who never commented on my posts, always knew where i was and what I was doing and would plan stalk moves around my house based on where other people would tag me, or if i would post that I was enjoying a nice quiet moment at home
*Facebook changes the way people communicate. Instead of telling people that they have upset you, and trying to work it out, people post lame hints. ex: Don't you hate it when people come to your house and don't use a coaster?" Then you are thinking to yourself..."Wait, I just left that person's house, and Oh my goodness..did I use a coaster? I don't even remember seeing coasters or being offered one.."
*My list could go on forever

Has anyone found any good in FB?
or What ae your reasons for not having a FB page?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:44 PM

well I understand your point of view cause people do post pointless crap and what not..
I only keep mine cause i have family in a different state and I don't really have there numbers so i just keep in touch with them on facebook

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:48 PM

I love my facebook because I can keep in touch easier with family and friends who live far away. This is especially true now that I've graduated college and my friends are spread out all over the country (and the world). I don't add people I don't know and I don't add people I don't want knowing my business so I don't have any problems with people stalking or bothering me.
02-19-2014, 12:51 PM

I have a facebook page with over 10680 people. And im liking it, communicating with different people who have the same interests are you do. i dont know, its fun.
02-19-2014, 12:56 PM

Well, those are basically my reason to not have one. My friends always say that i shud get one, but there is a point when whenever im at their house, they would be on facebook. the whole time. and i would just sit there bored and boredd some more. Usually when that happens i just leave...
02-19-2014, 01:03 PM

I have a facebook account to interact with my facebook page. My page has almost 5,000 members and like to debate. I use facebook to keep up to date with offers from companies and my favourite sports teams. I use facebook to keep up to date with friends I haven't seen for years.
02-19-2014, 01:11 PM

1. Yes I do.
2. I didn't get it willingly, my friends basically "Made Me".
3. I use it more as a means of posting links to news articles I want to read later than anything else. The only other real use is keeping track of birthdays and addresses.

I don't understand people updating their facebook pages every 8 seconds from their smartphones. I don't care that you just sat down at Red Robin to get over charged for only "OK" burgers.
02-19-2014, 01:15 PM

Hi
Yes facebook comments can leave you paranoid thinking they are aimed at you.

If I am dating someone I never add them on my Facebook - I see it as my private chat with friends and this has caused a lot of problems with relationships with them thinking I am hiding things.

Recently an old colleague who I had forgotton was on my Facebook posted a rather rude personal insult on my status for all to see. This really hurt my feelings but I did not let on and carry on with the post or inbox them - I just deleted them. This person had used information about me that I had put on my Facebook and turned it all against me insulting me. Anyway - they have been blocked lol.

I have my ex husband's family and ex step-children who I have not seen for a very long time on my friend list. If I fall out with my ex husband or he has done something to really annoy me - I have to be very careful not to put my thoughts on facebook for them to see.

I have times when I think I should delete my Facebook - but I enjoy talking to friends from far away on there so at the moment all is well in my Facebook world.
02-19-2014, 01:19 PM

well i do but i kind of regret it because i join to reconnect with my brother who lives in the south and i find out that once you join its likes you cant permanently delete your account like you can delete but in goes in a hibernation format like a computer sleeping mode. Also facebook has gotten many people in trouble in the media with future or current employers so i kind of regret not to mention nothing is ever private on facebook which really sucks!!
02-19-2014, 01:29 PM

I do have one but I don't go on. I decided to just keep mine but I know it's something I don't want to be involved in. For me, it's like opening "pandora's box" - once you find out certain info, you want more. I'm a private person and I don't like nosy people...facebook has this thing where you become nosy, gossipy, insecure, etc... it's just alot of people showing off what they have, posting unnecessary pictures of how "happy they are with their newly engaged fiance sipping coffee at starbucks", etc... I love it when it comes to family - but even sometimes, they like to show off (and post pictures) of their 5,000 louis vuitton bag. I just see facebook as a bunch of negative things and a way for people to invade your personal life and think they know everything about you. I want to live life happily and not superficially Smile